Baltic State Technical University
|Балтийский государственный технический университет "Военмех" им. Д.Ф.Устинова|
|Address||Saint Petersburg, Russia, Saint Petersburg, Russia|
Baltic State Technical University "Voenmeh" D.F.Ustinov (Russian: Балтийский государственный технический университет "Военмех" им. Д.Ф.Устинова; abbreviated BGTU) is a Russian military technical university situated in Saint Petersburg. Previously it was known as the Leningrad Mechanical Institute (Russian: Ленинградский механический институт) and Military Mechanical Institute (Russian: Военно-механический институт).
- 1 History
- 2 Faculties and departments
- 3 Notable alumni
- 4 References
- 5 External links
- 1932: the university was established by order of the People's Commissariat of Heavy Industry of the USSR, as the Leningrad Military Mechanical Institute.
- 1944: Leningrad Military Mechanical Institute was awarded the Order of the Red Banner.
- 1959: Red Banner Leningrad Military Mechanical Institute was transferred to the RSFSR Council of Ministers with the name of the Red Banner Leningrad Mechanical Institute.
- 1980: Leningrad Mechanical Institute was awarded the Order of Lenin.
- 1984: Leningrad Mechanical Institute renamed Marshal Ustinov DF.
- 1985: Leningrad Mechanical Institute was renamed the Lenin, and the Order of the Red Banner Institute of Mechanics was named after Marshal Ustinov DF.
- 1992: Marshal DF Ustinov renamed St. Petersburg Order of Lenin and the Order of the Red Banner of Mechanical Institute. Marshal DF Ustinov was renamed the Baltic State Technical University.
- 1997: Baltic State Technical University renamed Ustinov Baltic State Technical University, DF Ustinov.
- 2006: Baltic State Technical University reorganized through merger of the Federal Scientific Institution National Center for High Technology.
- 2011: Baltic State Technical University. DF Ustinov renamed the Baltic State Technical University
Faculties and departments
Rocket and Space Technology Faculty
- Rocketry (A1)
- Technology of Construction Materials and Production Space Rocketry (A2)
- Spacecraft and Engines (A3)
- Initial Complexes of Rockets and Spacecraft (A4)
- Management Processes (A5)
- Engineering and Machine Geometry and Graphics (A6)
- Theoretical Mechanics and Ballistics (A7)
Arms and Weapons Systems Faculty
- Gun, Artillery and Rocket Weapons (E1)
- Technology of Production of Artillery Systems and Ammunition (E2)
- Ordnance and Munitions (E3)
- High-energy Device Automatic Systems (E4)
- Ecology and Life (E5)
- Independent Information and Control Systems (E6)
Mechatronics and Control Faculty
- Mechatronics and Robotics (H1)
- Engineering and Quality Management (H2)
- Information and Energy Technologies (H3)
- Physics (H4)
- Nanoelectronics and Nanophotonics (H5)
- Higher Mathematics (N6)
- Electrical Engineering (H7)
Department of Information and Control Systems
- Laser Technology (I1)
- Information Processing Systems and Management (I3)
- Radio-electronic Control Systems (I4)
- Information Systems and Computer Technology (I5)
- Applied Mathematics and Informatics (I7)
Power Engineering Faculty
- Engines and Aircraft Power Plant (K1)
- Fracture Mechanics (K3)
- Applied Mechanics, Automation and Control (K4)
- Machine Parts (K5)
- Plazmogazodinamika and Firing (K6)
- Chemistry (K7)
- International Research and Education Center BSTU-fest Synergy
International Industrial Management and Communications
- Organization Management (P1)
- Global Studies and Geopolitics (P2)
- Economic Theory and Industrial Economics (P3)
- Economics, Organization and Management of Production (P4)
- Physical Education and Sport (P5)
- Managing Technological Innovation (P6)
- Theoretical and Applied Linguistics (P7)
- Romano-Germanic (P8)
- Philosophy (P10)
- History (P12)
- Dmitriy Feodorovich Ustinov (Marshal of the USSR, the Minister of Defense of the USSR from July 30, 1976 to December 20, 1984)
- Vladimir Fyedorovich Utkin (Chief designer of KB "Yuzhnoye", Dnepropetrovsk, the USSR, Two Times Hero of Socialist Labour, chief designer of the SS-18 "Satan" (R-36TM), SS-24 (RT-23) ICBMs)
- Sergei Krikalev (cosmonaut)
- Georgi Grechko (cosmonaut)
- Vladimir Yakunin (head of Russian Railways)
- Vladimir Okrepilov ([[academician of Russian Academy of Sciences RAS, general director of State Centre "Test-St.Petersburg"]])
- "Historical Background". voenmeh.ru. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- "Faculties and Departments". voenmeh.ru. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- ru:Уткин, Владимир Фёдорович
- ru:Балтийский государственный технический университет «Военмех» имени Д. Ф. Устинова