Baltimore Bullets (1944–54)
|History||Baltimore Bullets (ABL)|
Baltimore Bullets (BAA)
Baltimore Bullets (NBA)
|Team colors||Blue, red, white|
The Baltimore Bullets were an American Basketball League (1944–47) team, and later, a Basketball Association of America (1947–49), and (beginning in 1949, following the BAA's absorption of the National Basketball League) a National Basketball Association team based in Baltimore. The team folded November 27, 1954 with a 3–11 record, making the Bullets the last NBA franchise to do so, as of 2018. Out of all defunct NBA teams, the Bullets were members of the association for the longest time and the only defunct team to win a championship. The Baltimore Bullets acquired their name in reference to the Phoenix Shot Tower.
- Baltimore Bullets (BAA, 1948–1949) – 1 Championship and 2 Playoff Appearances
- Baltimore Bullets (NBA, 1950–1954) – 1 Playoff Appearance
Note: W = Wins, L = Losses
|1944–45||ABL||14–16 4th,||Lost ABL Finals|
|1945–46||ABL||21–13 1st-T,||Won ABL Finals|
|1946–47||ABL||31–3 1st,||Southern Division||Forfeited ABL Finals|
|1947–48||BAA||28–20 2nd,||Western Division||Won BAA Finals|
|1948–49||BAA||29–31 3rd,||Eastern Division||Lost East Div Semis|
|1949–50||NBA||25–43 5th,||Eastern Division||Did not qualify|
|1950–51||NBA||24–42 5th,||Eastern Division||Did not qualify|
|1951–52||NBA||20–46 5th,||Eastern Division||Did not qualify|
|1952–53||NBA||16–54 4th,||Eastern Division||Lost East Div Semis|
|1953–54||NBA||16–56 5th,||Eastern Division||Did not qualify|
|1954–55||NBA||3–11||Eastern Division||folded during season|
List of notable personnel
- Ben Kramer
- Red Rosan
- Buddy Jeannette
- Walt Budko
- Fred Scolari
- Chick Reiser
- Clair Bee
- Albert Barthelme
Basketball Hall of Famers
- "Bullets Fold For Season". The Daily Chronicle. Centralia, Washington. November 27, 1954. p. 5. Retrieved May 27, 2018. (Subscription required (help)).
- Vecsey, George (12 November 1995). "Sports of The Times;Say Goodbye To 'Bullets' As Nickname". The New York Times. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- Lee, Michael (24 December 2011). "Former Wizards owner Irene Pollin wouldn't have a problem with name changing back to Bullets". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- "GEARS DEFEATED BY BALTIMORE IN EXHIBITION TEST". Chicago Tribune. 22 December 1946. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Howard Rosan, basketball pro". The Philadelphia Inquirer. September 5, 1976. p. 34. Retrieved March 26, 2018.
| BAA Champions
1949 and 1950
|This article about a basketball team in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|