Balurghat (community development block)
|Balurghat (CD Block)
বালুরঘাট সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||363.90 km2 (140.50 sq mi)|
|• Density||630/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Balurghat, Tapan|
Balurghat (community development block) is an administrative division in Balurghat subdivision of Dakshin Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Balurghat police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Beltola Park. Chakbhrigu and Baidyanathpara are two urban outgrowths in this block.
Balurghat is located at.
As per 2011 Census of India Balurghat CD Block had a total population of 250,760 of which 234,139were rural and 16,625. There were 42,981 males and 40,773 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 21,352 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 25,653.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Balurghat CD Block was 167,353 out of which 93,736 were males and 73,617 were females.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Dakshin Dinajpur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Dakshin Dinajpur district (05). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Dakshin Dinajpur". Rivers. District administration. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 4" (PDF). Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 September 2015.