|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Location||Balurghat, West Bengal, India|
|Elevation AMSL||78 ft / 24 m|
During the World War II, a temporary airport was built by the British in Balurghat for military needs. In the next 50's, the Surekha Air Service started their flight from there and settled them permanently. But it was stopped during the India-Pakistan war. Finally, in 1984, Vayudoot was operated flight from the airport by Dornier's family. But once again it stopped for a number of reasons. Firstly, instead of the destination for the manual navigation system, the flights made landing mistakes. Secondly, due to financial inconvenience, there were many other factors, due to the shortage of passengers and the closure of this service.
The airport covers an area of 132.66 acres (53.69 ha) at an elevation of 78 feet (24 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with a paved surface measuring 4,906 by 100 feet (1,495 m × 30 m).
Currently, the Government of West Bengal has planned to launch air services from the Balurghat Airport. For this, the government has allocated around ₹11.35 crores for the up-gradation & extension of the air-strip, passenger lounge, air traffic, restroom of crews and pilots, need-based restaurants, refreshment counters and everything else is created completely new in the office. Airport Authority of India has visited the airport. 
Airlines and destinations
No commercial services at this time.
- "Balurghat Airport". Airports Authority of India. Archived from the original on 5 May 2009. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Airport information for Balurghat, India (VEBG / RGH) at Great Circle Mapper.
- "Deal with Changi on Durgapur airport". The Telegraph. 28 February 2008.
However, there are over 40 non-operational airports under the authority (Airports Authority of India). In Bengal, there are two of them — in Malda and Balurghat.
- "বালুরঘাট বিমানবন্দরে উড়ান শুরু হতে আর বেশি দেরি নেই". m.bangla.eenaduindia.com moving. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Full-fledged air services from Balurghat to kick off from April". Millenniumpost. 16 March 2018. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "মার্চ থেকে চালু হচ্ছে বালুরঘাট-কলকাতা বিমান পরিষেবা". www.kolkata24x7.com. Retrieved 28 March 2018.