|Born||Real name: unknown
Date of birth: circa 1982
|Education||City & Guilds of London Art School
MA at Central Saint Martins art school
Bambi Graffiti (circa 1982 -) is the tag name for a female English graffiti artist from London, UK. According to U.S. Time Magazine, “Bambi” is derived from the childhood family nickname “Bambino” and is a popular artist within the show business world. Known collectors of her work include Rihanna, Brad Pitt, Adele, Robbie Williams, and Take That’s Mark Owen. Bambi’s stencilled work is frequently described as gritty and masculine in appearance whilst exploring themes of feminism, popular and street culture.
In 2010, the vandalism of a popular Bambi stencil in Primrose Hill reignited the long running London debate over the preservation of street art and resulted in Islington Councillors proposing a community committee be established to rule on the future protection of street art. In early 2011, Bambi commemorated the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton with the satirical slogan 'A Bit Like Marmite' across their chests.
- Chakelian, Anoosh (1 June 2012). "Graffiti Artist Bambi Paints Jubilee Tribute to the Queen". Time Magazine. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Smart, Gordon (22 June 2012). "Alone, but Brad’s no lonely art". Sun Newspaper. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Lewis, Anna (25 May 2012). "Look what Adele got for her birthday". Heat World. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Riley, Ed (11 April 2012). "Robbie Williams splashes case on trendy painting". Daily Star Newspaper. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Ferguson, Amanda (27 December 2010). "10 Best Female Graffiti Artists". Break Studios. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Hinton, Josie (21 April 2011). "‘Make tea not war’ mural tribute to shopkeeper ruined by graffiti vandals - debate opens into preserving street art". Camden News Journal. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Low, Valentine (2 May 2011). "William and Kate - A Royal Wedding". The Australian. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Chivers, Tom (30 April 2011). "Royal wedding quirky portraits and sculptures of Prince William and Kate Middleton". The Telegraph. Retrieved 22 July 2012.