Italian theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Bigas Luna|
|Written by||Bigas Luna|
|Music by||Lucio Dalla|
- Valeria Marini as Mina, aka "Bambola"
- Stefano Dionisi as Flavio
- Jorge Perugorría as Furio
- Manuel Bandera as Settimio
- Antonino Iuorio as Ugo
- Anita Ekberg as Mother Greta
Because of the many scenes of sexual abuse, the film was R-rated, something that caused the ire of lead actress Valeria Marini, who asserted that she had been promised the cut of the three more explicit scenes and a ban for just people under 14 years. The actress therefore sued the producer Marco Poccioni demanding the immediate withdrawal of the film, but her request was eventually rejected.
The film received extremely negative criticism. Film critic Morando Morandini referred to it as "the most silly, foolish and amateurish film of Bigas Luna", while Paolo Mereghetti was even tougher, saying he "never have come out of a movie theater with a much deeper discomfort."
- "Valeria vietata ai 18: ritirate la mia Bambola". Corriere della Sera. 20 September 1996.
- "Valeria Marini ha perso la causa per Bambola". Adnkronos. 21 November 1997.
- Laura Morandini; Luisa Morandini; Morando Morandini. Il Morandini 2011. Dizionario dei film. Zanichelli, 2010. ISBN 8808227227.
- Paolo Mereghetti. Il Mereghetti - Dizionario dei film. B.C. Dalai Editore, 2010. ISBN 8860736269.
|This article related to a French film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|