Bamboo processing machine
Bamboo processing machines are used to prepare bamboo for use in manufacture of handicrafts, furniture and other products.
Bamboo processing tasks
Bamboo processing machines are usually built to perform a single task such as:
- Splitting - separating the material in the direction of the fibers at right angles to the surface (radially)
- Slicing - separating the material in the direction of the fibers parallel to the surface (tangentially)
- Knot removing - cutting or grinding down the inter-segmental nodes.
- Planing - smoothing the top, bottom and/or side surfaces of a split length
- Cross cutting - cutting a length of stem into shorter sections
- Incense stick making
- Stick sizing[further explanation needed]
- Curving[further explanation needed]
Multi-task processing machines
A new machine developed in Nagaland, India performs four tasks on a single platform – planing, curving, polishing and knot removing. It was recognized by the National Innovation Foundation – India in their fifth biennial competition.