Official Parliamentary portrait, June 2017
|Member of Parliament |
for Enfield Southgate
|Assumed office |
9 June 2017
|Preceded by||David Burrowes|
2 December 1967
Haringey, London, England
Charalambous was born in London and raised in Bowes Park, Enfield and has lived there all his life. His parents come from Kalo Chorio and Fasoulla, both near Limassol, in Cyprus. He was educated at Tottenhall Infants School, St Michael-at-Bowes Junior School (where he is now a school governor), Chace Boys Comprehensive School, followed by Tottenham College and then Liverpool Polytechnic where he received a law degree and was elected as vice president of the Students' Union in 1990.
Charalambous was the official Labour Party candidate for Epping Forest in 2005 and for Enfield Southgate in 2010 and 2015, before being elected in 2017. He became the first MP to have both parents born in Cyprus.
- "No. 61961". The London Gazette. 19 June 2017. p. 11776.
- "Bambos Charalambous MP". UK Parliament. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- Casey, Clare (9 June 2017). "Shock win for the underdog in Enfield Southgate". Enfield Gazette & Advertiser. Tindle Newspapers. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Labour select Cypriot MP candidate for Enfield Southgate". Parikiaki. 10 March 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Could Bambos Charalambous Labour Parliamentary candidate for Southgate be first Cypriot MP". Parikiaki. 8 January 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- Charalambous, Bambos. ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2018 (February 2018 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 13 February 2018. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- "New boy Bambos talks Cyprus, justice and getting lost in the corridors of power". North London Press. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Councillor details - Bambos Charalambous". Enfield Council. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- MP, Bambos Charalambous (17 January 2018). "I am delighted to have been promoted by @jeremycorbyn as the PPS to @RLong_Bailey Shadow Secretary of State for BEIS. I have been warmly welcomed by Becky and the rest of the team and I look forward to working with them and the Shadow Frontbench Team @UKLabour @SouthgateLabour". @BambosMP. Retrieved 18 January 2018.
- MP, Bambos Charalambous (6 December 2018). "Absolutely thrilled and honoured to have joined the @labourwhips at this exciting time in Parliament.https://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/1070756299531583488 …". @bambosmp. Retrieved 4 April 2019. External link in
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of the Parliament for Enfield Southgate
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2017 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Labour Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (MP) representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|