|Cover artist||Tom Tomorrow|
|Subject||Media bias, Republican Party|
|Publisher||Jeremy P. Tarcher/Penguin|
In the book, Rampton and Stauber argue that a right-wing political machine, in the form of the Republican Party and its functionaries in the media, lobbying establishment and electoral system, is undermining dissent and squelching pluralistic politics in the United States.
In writing Banana Republicans, Rampton and Stauber experimented with collaborative research, inviting Disinfopedia users to contribute their own research and analysis while the book was being written.
Table of contents
- Introduction: The War at Home
- Chapter 1: The Marketplace of Ideas
- Chapter 2: The Echo Chamber
- Chapter 3: The One-Party State
- Chapter 4: Pumping Irony
- Chapter 5: Block the Vote
- Chapter 6: Traitor Baiters
- Conclusion: The Three-Banana Problem