This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Ceri Levy|
|Produced by||Ceri Levy
|Written by||Ceri Levy
|7 February 2008 (Berlin Film Festival)|
During the years from 2000 to 2006, the director Ceri Levy filmed the creators of the Gorillaz behind the scenes, from the very first drawings and animations, to the music and the musicians, as well as the faces behind the voices of the characters and other content such as interviews with various Gorillaz collaborators and backstage footage of live concert performances. This documentary features 92 minutes of behind the scenes footage of the creators making the visuals and recording the music for the Gorillaz albums Gorillaz and Demon Days that was recording over the course of six years.
- Bananaz premiered to the news media on 7 February at the Berlin Film Festival and to the rest of the world on 9 February. The documentary was shown in the festival until 15 February
- The documentary had its first North American premiere at the SXSW Film Festival in Austin, Texas showing at Wednesday 12 March and Saturday 15 March at Texas' Paramount Theater.
- The Indie Lisboa Film Festival held in Lisbon, Portugal twice screened the film on 24 April and 2 May.
- The documentary was shown at the Edinburgh Film Festival that takes places in Edinburgh, United Kingdom in late June.
- "gorillaz_news: Bananaz website / Bananaz at SXSW Film Festival". Gorillaz-news.livejournal.com. Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- south by southwest festivals + conferences Archived 19 April 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- : BANANAZ, Ceri Levy[dead link]
- Bananaz – Edinburgh International Film Festival Archived 12 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- Blogspot (Review from Movie Digs)
- Filmschoolrejects.com (Review from Filmschoolrejects.com)
- Tunaflix.com (Review from tunaflix)
- Reuters.com (Review from Reuters)
- Bananaz at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|