Banashankari Temple, Amargol
Banashankari Temple of Amargol is an ancient temple dedicated to Banashankari.
Amargol is located in between Dharwad and Hubli, about 9 km from Hubli city centre and adjacent to Navanagar. Banashankari Temple at Amargol is 4 km from Unkal lake and Chandramouleshwara Temple Hubli.
Banashankari temple at Amargol
Near to the Banashankari Temple at Amargol there is a temple of Shankarlinga built by Jakkanacharya.
In the early 13th century, the temples of this period have nagara articulation, built in the stepped diamond and the square plan natural to a nagara superstructure. Notable among temples with a stepped-diamond style are the Ganesha Temple at Hangal, the Banashankari Temple at Amargol (which has one dravida shrine and one nagara shrine), and a small shrine that is a part of the ensemble at the Mahadeva Temple (Itagi)
- Western Chalukya architecture
- Chandramouleshwara Temple Hubli
- North Karnataka
- Tourism in North Karnataka
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Banashankari Temple, Amargol.|
- "TEMPLES BEING MANAGED BY THE UNION GOVERNMENT". Retrieved 2008-09-15.
- "ABOUT TWIN CITY, Amargol". Retrieved 2008-09-15.
- "Alphabetical List of Monuments - Karnataka - Dharwad, Dharwad Circle, Karnataka". Retrieved 2008-09-15.