Banca Sella Group
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Banca Sella Holding S.p.A.|
|Società per azioni|
|Founded||23 August 1886|
Number of locations
|304 branches (2015)|
|Services||Retail, private and investment banking, insurance, investment management|
|Profit||€28.500 million (2015)|
|Total assets||€13.968 billion (2015)|
|Total equity||€831.673 million (2015)|
Number of employees
|Capital ratio||11.59% (CET1 - 2015)|
|Footnotes / references
data in consolidated basis
Banca Sella Holding S.p.A. is an Italian holding company for the Banca Sella Group (Italian: Gruppo Banca Sella). The main company of the group was Banca Sella S.p.A., an Italian bank based in Biella, Piedmont.
Origins of Banca Sella
The story of Gruppo Banca Sella has its roots in 1886, when Gaudenzio Sella, inspired by the principles of his uncle Quintino Sella, along with six other brothers and cousins, founded in Biella the Gaudenzio Sella & C., (the current Banca Sella Group), in order to "carry on trade as the banking discounts, advances, current accounts, buying and selling of securities, etc. ", as shown in the deed. The senior managers of the bank was newly appointed Gaudenzio Sella, who remained at the helm of the institute until his death.
The first branches outside of Biella date back to the late '30s (Ponzone, Trivero, Cossato). In 1949 the bank changed its name becoming a limited company (Italian: Società per azioni) and the brothers Ernesto and Giorgio Sella respectively assumed the position of president and CEO. In 1962 changed its name to Banca Sella S.p.A. In 1974, the death of Ernesto, Giorgio Sella became President and Chief Executive Officer was entrusted to Maurizio Sella, son of Ernesto.
Under the leadership of Maurizio Sella, Banca Sella spread throughout the country up to more than 300 branches in the first decade of 2000 .
Over the years the Bank has acquired small local institutions in the North East and South Italy, and have been established operating companies in various businesses such as leasing, consumer finance, asset management companies, non-life insurance. In 1992 Gruppo Banca Sella was found.
In 1997 it takes place the launch of internet banking services and in 2000 the brand www
On the death of Giorgio Sella (in 2000) Maurizio Sella becomes the president, while Pietro Sella (born in 1968) he became the CEO in 2002. (after the old "Banca Sella S.p.A" became "Banca Sella Holding S.p.A", and the creation of new "Banca Sella S.p.A" as a subsidiary in 2006, they became the president and CEO of both the holding and the bank; in 2013 Donato Valz Gen was appointed as the CEO of the bank but not the holding)
On 1 January 2005 a new subsidiary Banca Patrimoni e Investimenti was formed by the merger of Sella Investimenti Banca (bank founded in Turin in 2001 and specializes in private banking customers) and Gestnord Intermediazione.
Birth of Banca Sella Holding and recent history
As part of a restructuring of the group, on 1 January 2006 the [old] Banca Sella S.p.A. (P.IVA 01709430027) was transformed into a financial holding company of the group and changed its name to Sella Holding Banca S.p.A., having conferred the banking business to a new subsidiary that it has taken so the name of [new] Banca Sella S.p.A. (P.I. 02224410023).
On 1 April 2006 from the merger of Fiduciaria Sella S.I.M.p.A. (dynamic trust founded in 1992, and specializes in individual asset management: asset management in funds and securities) in Gestnord Fondi SGR SpA (born in 1983, and specializes in the collective management of assets: mutual funds, pension funds and SICAV) born Sella Gestioni SGR S.p.A. thus incorporating into one company the group's activities in asset management for retail customers.
In October 2006, for the acquisition of eight branches that Banca Sella held in the region of Veneto, Banca Bovio Calderari (a indirect subsidiary of the group via Bovio Calderari Finanziaria S.p.A.) assumes the new name of Banca Sella Nord Est Bovio Calderari (Sella North East – Bovio Calderari Bank). After the deals the group owned 80.03% shares of Bovio Calderari Finanziaria (BC Finanziaria), BC Finanziaria had a controlling interests in the new bank.
On 12 November 2007 Banca Patrimoni Sella & C. was formed by the merger by absorption of Sella Consult S.I.M.p.A. into Banca Patrimoni e Investimenti; after the transaction the group owned 68.190% shares of the subsidiary, increasing from 56.114%.
In 2007 CBA Vita, a subsidiary of the group, with HDI Assicurazioni, creates InChiaro, a joint venture dedicated to bancassurance (insurance services that integrated with bank); in 2016 all shares held by Banca Sella Group in CBA Vita have been sold to HDI Assicurazioni.
On 31 March 2008, "Sella Holding Banca" changed its name to Banca Sella Holding S.p.A.. On 1 June 2008 Banca Sella Sud Arditi Galati (Sella South – Arditi Galati Bank) was found by the absorption of Banca di Palermo S.p.A. (a subsidiary of the group) and the branches of Banca Sella S.p.A. in Campania into Banca Arditi Galati S.p.A.
In April 2009 a new subsidiary Sella Servizi Bancari was formed in order to centralize the back office of the group.
On 30 May 2011 and on 1 October 2012 Banca Sella Sud Arditi Galati and Banca Sella Nord Est Bovio Calderari were absorbed into Banca Sella S.p.A.. As at 31 December 2010, the group owned 60.13% of Sella South – Arditi Galati Bank and 56.75% shares of Sella North East – Bovio Calderari Bank as at 31 December 2011. The group bought the remaining minority interests from other investors.
Main group companies
- As of 31 December 2014
The main companies in the Banca Sella Group are:
- Banca Sella Holding S.p.A. (parent company of the Gruppo Banca Sella);
- Banca Sella S.p.A. (100% stake);
- Banca Patrimoni Sella & C. (74.379% stake, bank specializing in the management of private and institutional clients);
- Family Advisory SIM Sella & Partners (family offices).
- Sella Gestioni SGR (96.066% stake, asset management);
- Biella Leasing (99.860% stake, financial leasing);
- Consel (67.432% stake, consumer credit);
- CBA Vita (life insurance, health and accident);
- InChiaro (49% stake, life insurance);
- Easy Nolo (electronic payment systems, e-commerce);
- minority interests
- "2015 Consolidated Annual Report" (PDF). Banca Sella Group. 31 December 2015. Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- "LE PRINCIPALI BANCHE ITALIANE" (PDF) (in Italian). Ricerche e Studi. 10 November 2015. Retrieved 21 February 2016.
- "2004 Annual Report" (PDF). Banca Sella Group. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "2005 Annual Individual Report" (PDF). Banca Sella Holding. 29 June 2006. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "2006 Annual Individual Report" (PDF). Banca Sella Holding. 10 June 2007. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "2007 Annual Individual Report" (PDF). Banca Sella Holding. 21 August 2008. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "Il Gruppo Banca Sella e HDI Assicurazioni ampliano la loro collaborazione" (in Italian). Banca Sella Group. 30 June 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "2008 Annual Individual Report" (PDF). Banca Sella Holding. 15 August 2009. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "2009 Annual Individual Report" (PDF). Banca Sella Holding. 21 June 2010. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "2010 Annual Individual Report" (PDF). Banca Sella Holding. 17 May 2011. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "2011 Annual Individual Report" (PDF). Banca Sella Holding. 23 May 2012. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- Gruppo Banca Sella Official website (in Italian)