Tugpahanan sa Bancasi
Tugpahanan hong Bancasi
|Operator||Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines|
|Location||Barangay Bancasi, Butuan|
|Elevation AMSL||43 m / 141 ft|
Source: Statistics from eFOI
Bancasi Airport (Cebuano: Tugpahanan sa Bancasi; Butuanon: Tugpahanan hong Bancasi), also known and still commonly referred to as Butuan Airport (IATA: BXU, ICAO: RPME) is an airport serving the general area of the city of Butuan, located in the province of Agusan del Norte. It is the only airport in the province and largest in Caraga. The airport is classified as a Principal Domestic Airport Class 1 by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), a body of the Department of Transportation (DOTr) that is responsible for the operations of not only this airport but of all the other airports in the Philippines, except the major international airports.
The Philippines Department of Transport and Communications announced that the airport would receive Php 45.5 million pesos in subsidy for expansion of the apron, improvement and expansion of vehicular parking area, construction of drainage system, and construction of concrete hollow block fence, with bidding scheduled to open to contractors on July 5, 2012.
Airlines and destinations
|PAL Express||Cebu, Manila|
Accidents and incidents
- On October 26, 2007, Philippine Airlines Flight PR475 from Manila, an with Airbus A320 registered as RP-C3224, overshot the runway of Bancasi Airport after landing. Nineteen injuries were reported.
- On February 15, 2014, Cebu Pacific Air Flight 5J220, registered as RP-C3195, an Airbus A319, went off the runway of the airport on a flight to Mactan–Cebu when the nose gear and left main gear departed the paved surface of the runway during a 180-degree backtrack. 105 passengers were on board. No injuries were reported whatsoever.
- Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines - Aerodrome Development & Management Service (15 April 2018). "Passenger Statistics Philippines". Republic of the Philippines - Freedom of Information Portal. Retrieved 27 April 2019.
- "Archived copy". Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on 2012-06-23. Retrieved 2012-06-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)". www.philippineairlines.com. Retrieved 2020-08-02.
- "Some hurt as PAL plane misses Butuan runway". GMA News. Oct 26, 2007. Retrieved Feb 17, 2014.
- "Cebu Pacific Airbus A319 at Butuan on Feb 15th 2014, runway excursion during backtrack". www.aeroinside.com. Retrieved 2021-01-08.