Banco Privado Português
On 24 July 2009, Paulo Guichard and Salvador Fezas Vital, two former board committee members of BPP were suspended by Banco de Portugal, and joined João Rendeiro in the BPP case, to be indicted for falsifying accounts, tax crimes and money laundering.
On 15 April 2010, the Banco de Portugal, Portugal central bank, "after verifying the impossibility of recapitalization and recovery efforts of this institution", ordered the liquidation of the Banco Privado Português.
On 11 February 2013, João Rendeiro, Fezas Vital and Paul Guichard, former members of the board committee were charged by the Public Ministry with fraud, in a matter of a Collective investment scheme that damaged hundreds of clients for an estimated 41 million euros. In May 2015, assets from João Rendeiro were seized to pay a 4.7 million euro fine from the Bank of Portugal.
- "BPP: João Rendeiro saldou três milhões de dívidas ao fisco". Expresso. 31 July 2009. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "MENSAGEM DA COMISSÃO LIQUIDATÁRIA". Liquidation Board. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Caso BPP: constituídos mais dois arguidos". Diário de Notícias. 25 July 2009. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- Lima, Pedro (16 April 2010). "Banco de Portugal decreta fim do BPP". Expresso. Archived from the original on 2010-04-21. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "BPP: Buscas na casa de ex-administradores". Expresso. 11 October 2011. Archived from the original on 15 November 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Rendeiro acusado de burla no Banco Privado Português". Expresso. Archived from the original on 16 April 2013. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "Caso BPP. Bens no valor de 4,7 milhões de euros arrestados a João Rendeiro". Observador. 6 May 2015. Archived from the original on 18 August 2015. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
|This European bank or insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Portugal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|