||This article reads like a press release or a news article and/or is entirely based on routine coverage. (March 2013)|
Bancroft School from the west
|Worcester, MA, US|
|Head of school||James P. "Trey" Cassidy|
|Color(s)||Blue and gray|
|Athletics conference||Eastern Independent League (EIL) and New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC)|
The Bancroft School in Worcester, Massachusetts, United States, is an independent, co-educational, preK - 12, college-preparatory day school. Students typically live in Central Massachusetts and MetroWest Boston. The school campus measures 30-acre (120,000 m2). The school has three divisions: pre-kindergarten and elementary school, middle, and high school.
Notable alumni of Bancroft School include:
- Esther Forbes, Class of 1908; winner of the 194Pulitzer Prize for History for a biography of Paul Revere and the 1944 Newbery Medal for Johnny Tremain
- Mahlon Hoagland, biochemist, discoverer of amino-acid activating enzymes
- Myra Kraft (née Hiatt) (1942–2011), Bancroft Class of 1960; philanthropist with the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation, Robert K. and Myra H. Kraft Foundation, American Repertory Theatre, Brandeis University, United Way of Massachusetts Bay, Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston, Kraft Stadium for American football in Jerusalem
- Denise Eisenberg Rich, Class of 1962; New York socialite
- Robert Waring Stoddard, Class of 1923; former editor of the Worcester Telegram & Gazette; one of the founders of the John Birch Society
- Patterson's American Educational Directory. 29. Chicago. 1932.
- Red, Christian (2012-01-28). "New England Patriots have someone watching over them during Super Bowl journey". NY Daily News. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "BANCROFT SCHOOL ALUMNI AWARD DESCRIPTIONS". Bancroft School. Retrieved 2012-05-08.