Bandar Baru Bangi
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
It is named after the small town of Bangi situated further south. It is located between Kajang and Putrajaya (formerly Prang Besar) and is about 25 km away from the capital city, Kuala Lumpur. Bandar Baru Bangi is also known as "Bandar Berilmu" or knowledgeable city since 2008 as numerous universities are located here including the National University of Malaysia.
The name of the town usually is abbreviated as "BBB". As of 2016, there are 16 town sections in the town.
New City of Bangi is also known as a "Knowledge City" as it is home to Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (National University of Malaysia). Other public universities including Universiti Tenaga Nasional and Universiti Putra Malaysia are also nearby.
New City of Bangi is also famous for its eateries. There are mamak stalls, sea food, Malaysian, Thai, Arabic as well as Japanese restaurants. There are several night markets, supermarkets, malls, and hotels in the town. Bangi Golf resort situated near section 6 is one of the largest golf resorts in Selangor state. The Bangi Town Centre was planned together with a proposed town park for PKNS by Peter Verity the international urbanist and architect, and is now the major commercial centre of the new town of Bangi.
- Sekolah Rendah Islam Pintar Tahfiz
- Institut Pintar Tahfiz Fuqaha (secondary school)
- SRI Ayesha
- Seri ABIM
- Sekolah Islam Sri Al-Amin
- Sekolah Rendah Islam Tahfiz Ilmuwan
- Sekolah Rendah Integrasi Islam BangiKu
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Bandar Baru Bangi
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Jalan 3 Bandar Baru Bangi
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Jalan 4 Bandar Baru Bangi
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Jalan 6 Bandar Baru Bangi
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Seksyen 7 Bandar Baru Bangi
- Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan Tamil West Country
- Sekolah Rendah Agama Integrasi Bandar Baru Bangi
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Bandar Baru Bangi
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Jalan 3 Bandar Baru Bang
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Jalan 4 Bandar Baru Bangi
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Jalan Reko
- SMKA Maahad Hamidiah Kajang
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Maktab Perguruan Islam (MPI)
- Malaysian France Institute (UNIKL - MFI)
- Kolej Poly-Tech MARA (KPTM)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL), formerly known as Kuala Lumpur Infrastructure University College (KLIUC)
- Institut Latihan Kehakiman Dan Perundangan (ILKAP)
- German-Malaysian Institute (GMI)
- Aviation Management College (AMC)
- Malaysian Nuclear Agency (formerly known as Malaysia Institute of Nuclear Technology Research (MINT))
- Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB)
The town is served by KTM UKM station under the KTM Seremban Line. The station is located at Persiaran KWSP which is 1 km away from UKM area.
The town is served by 4 routes from MRT Feeder Bus as well as 2 routes from Smart Selangor.
|Route Number||Terminus 1||Terminus 2||Serving Area in BBB||Operator||Began Operation|
|T451||MRT Stadium Kajang||UKM Bangi||UKM Bangi||MRT Corp (Operated by Rapid KL)||1 December 2017|
|T462||MRT/KTM Kajang||Seksyen 8 Bangi||Seksyen 7, 8, 9||MRT Corp (Operated by Rapid KL)||17 July 2017|
|T463||MRT/KTM Kajang||Seksyen 4 Bangi||Seksyen 4||MRT Corp (Operated by Rapid KL)||1 December 2017|
|T464||Seksyen 16 Bangi||MRT/KTM Kajang||Seksyen 1, 15, 16||MRT Corp (Operated by Rapid KL)||1 December 2017|
|KJ04||Hentian Kajang||Dataran Gemilang, Putrajaya||Seksyen 1, 8, 9, 10, 16||Smart Selangor (Operated by Rapid KL)||1 March 2019|
|KJ05||Hentian Kajang||PKNS Bandar Baru Bangi||Seksyen 1, 8, 9, 16||Smart Selangor (Operated by Rapid KL)||1 March 2019|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bandar Baru Bangi.|