Bandar Sri Permaisuri
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sri Permaisuri seen from Sri Penara Apartment. Seen at the background are Maybank Tower and KL Tower (right side) and Mid Valley City (left side).
|State||Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur|
|• Local Authority||Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur|
|• Mayor||Mhd Amin Nordin Abdul Aziz|
|Time zone||MST (UTC+8)|
|Dialling code||+60 391|
Sri Permaisuri is a township in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is located near Bandar Tun Razak and Salak South. It was opened for residential housing in 2000. The major types of housing there are apartments and condominiums.
Sri Permaisuri is a joint venture between PPC Glomac Sdn. Bhd. and Kuala Lumpur City Hall (Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur) (DBKL) on a 220-acre site. It is developed as an integrated, self-contained residential, commercial and recreational township. The township was expected to cater to an estimated 70,000 people.
The development shares common boundaries with Cheras, Salak Selatan and Bandar Tun Razak. The area is also easily accessible via East–West Link Expressway, Kuala Lumpur–Seremban Expressway, Maju Expressway and Middle Ring Road II (MRRII). The township is divided 17 parcels; 10 residential and seven commercial parcels.
Bandar Sri Permaisuri is located in the south of Kuala Lumpur. It is surrounded by Taman Ikan Emas (north), Salak Selatan New Village (south-east), Taman Mulia (south) and Salak Selatan town (west).
- Masjid Al Najihin - opened in 2009 with a capacity of 5,000 people.
Few educational institutions are located at or within the vicinity of Bandar Sri Permaisuri. They are;
- Sekolah Menengah Sains Selangor
- SM Teknik Kuala Lumpur
- Institut Perguruan Teknik
- Institut Perguruan Guru Kampus Ilmu Khas
- SK Seri Tasik
- SMK Seri Tasik
- SMK Seri Permaisuri
- Eye Level Learning Centre Bandar Sri Permaisuri
- SMA Majlis Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan [SMA-MAIWP]
- Sekolah Menengah Integrasi Sains Tahfiz [SMISTA-MAIWP]
- First Note Music Studio
Sports & Recreational
Taman Tasik Permaisuri (Lake Park) is one of the major attractions for jogger/runners from around Bandar Sri Permaisuri. Also located by the lake is the Stadium Bola Sepak Kuala Lumpur (Kuala Lumpur Soccer Stadium).
Pusat Perubatan Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and Rehabilitation Hospital are located nearby on Jalan Yaacob Latif.
The township is equipped with bank branches such as:
- Bank Islam Malaysia
- Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN)
- Hong Leong Bank
- Public Bank
- Agro Bank (Formerly Bank Pertanian)
- Ar-Rahnu Yapeim
- Easy by RHB Bank
The township has franchise eateries such as KFC, Tutti Frutti, Domino's Pizza, Old Town White Coffee, Pizza Hut Delivery (PHD), Papparich, Snogurt, etc. Other local eateries are Sup Meletop, Burger Bakar Abang Burn, Burgerbyte, Murni Discovery, Satay Station, Restoran Mee Udang Haji Shaharudin, Upin Ipin Cafe, Restoran Ayam Bakar Wong Solo, Ayam Penyet AP, Sany Char Kuew Teow, and Indian Muslim restaurant such as Original Penang Kayu Nasi Kandar, Q-Bistro, Hajris Utama, Hajris Bistro, Azhaar Maju, Irshat, Nana Cafe, Al Ehsan.
A 412,000 sq ft mall; Queensville is being constructed in the township by Seal Inc Bhd. The mall is part of the development that includes serviced residences, flexible suites, an office tower and shoplots.
Bandar Sri Permaisuri is well connected to the RapidKL LRT via Salak Selatan LRT station, Salak Selatan KTM Komuter station as well as to the Sungai Besi Expressway (BESRAYA), Kuala Lumpur-Putrajaya Highway and the East–West Link Expressway.
- Bus (Rapid KL) = U44 (Bandar Sri Permaisuri - Bukit Bintang)
- Bus (Rapid KL) = T433 (Bandar Sri Permaisuri Via HUKM)
- LRT (Rapid KL) = Salak Selatan - Sri Petaling Line
- KTM Komuter = Salak Selatan - Seremban Line
- "Completed Developments". PPC Glomac.
- "Affordable city home at Sri Permaisuri". The Star (Malaysia).
- "Masjid Al-Najihin bertaraf lima bintang" [Al-Najihin Mosque- a five-star mosque] (in Malay). Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "Malaysia Local Online Florist - Flower Shop KL - Kuala Lumpur, Desa Petaling". imageflorist.com.
- "Seal aims high with RM800mil Queensville project". The Star (Malaysia).