Bandar Tun Hussein Onn
Bandar Tun Hussein Onn is a township in 9th-Mile Cheras (Batu 9 Cheras) in Hulu Langat constituency, Selangor, Malaysia. It was named after the third Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Hussein Onn (in office 1976–1981). It is primarily a residential area, established in the early 1990s. It is situated about 13 km southeast of central Kuala Lumpur and 7.5 km north of Kajang.
UDA Holdings Bhd is the developer of the Bandar Tun Hussein Onn township, was established in 1971 by the government, with given the authority to develop this area. In 1989, UDA Holdings acquired 752-acre piece of land in Cheras that will be known as Bandar Tun Hussein Onn. It is known as the largest housing development in Cheras Selatan. In 1995, Bandar Tun Hussein Onn wins the FIABCI Award of Distinction for Residential Property. Just upon completion, the total population has increased up to 35,000 which consists of 6,000 residential units.
Bandar Tun Hussein Onn is resided by 20,000 to 35,000 people or 6,000 housing units, where 80 percent of the residents are Muslim (in 2013).
Facilities, Eateries and Shopping
MPKJ Office - Majlis Perbandaran Kajang or the local authority / Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan (PBT) has an office in BTHO, located at Jalan Suasana 2/7.
Fire & Rescue Dept - A new Balai Bomba was built at Jalan Suakasih - Persiaran Suakasih intersection towards SILK Highway.
Banking - Town Park 1 houses many banking facilities such as recently opened Tabung Haji in 2018, Citibank, Hong Leong and Pusat Zakat Selangor. Meanwhile Maybank, CIMB, and HSBC are located adjacent to the township in Dataran Cheras of the Cheras Perdana township.
Eateries - There are many local eateries in BTHO namely local stores and McDonald's at Jalan Suasana 2/7, Jalan Suadamai 1/2 and Town Park or Jalan Suarasa 8/3 area. In Suarasa area, popular outlets are Marrybrown, Paparich, Pizza Hut, Domino's Pizza, Gulai Panas, Fatima Restaurant, Yusof Bistro, and more. Food trucks are also a common scene at the parking lot opposite Citibank/Jalan Suarasa area lending some vibrancy at night to the normally calm and peaceful housing area.
Shopping - There are a couple of shopping malls within 15 minutes drive of this township. Among them are Aeon Jusco Cheras Selatan Balakong, Aeon Big (formerly known as Carrefour Cheras), Mines Shopping Mall, and Giant Taman Cheras Utama. There is also a Mydin store at Jalan Suasana 2/7, while mini marts are abundantly located at Suasana, Suakasih and Suadamai areas.
There is one hospital named Columbia Asia giving medical services and 24 hours emergency response. The nearest public hospital is situated in Kajang. A new public health clinic (Klinik Kesihatan Bandar Tun Hussien Onn) was recently opened in April 2018, under Ministry of Health located on Jalan Suadamai.**
There are four schools in Tun Hussein Onn:
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Bandar Tun Hussein Onn.
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Bandar Tun Hussein Onn 2.
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Bandar Tun Hussein Onn 2.
- Sekolah Menengah Agama Tinggi Al-Rahman.
Places of worship
- Al Amin Mosque (Located in Suasana zone)
- Bandar Tun Hussein Onn Mosque (The Masjid was officially opened by His Royal Highness Sultan of Selangor in June 2016. Uda Land completed the construction in April 2013).
- Surau As-Siddiq (Located in Suadamai zone)
- Surau Al-Ansar (Located in Suakasih zone)
Suraus are conveniently located in the respective housing zones, Suasana/Suakasih/Suadamai to serve residents in each community.
Bandar Tun Hussein Onn is primarily served by the Grand Saga Expressway (concurrent with Highway ). It is connected to SILK Highway to Mines/UPM and Sungai Long/Kajang/Semenyih. The local access route is connected to Alam Damai township via Jalan Suadamai.
MRT Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, opened on 17 July 2017. The MRT feeder bas ply the main roads of BTHO (along Jalan Sudamai and Persiaran Suasana only) to and fro Sri Raya MRT Station. Car parks are abundantly provisioned at the MRT BTHO.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-08-22. Retrieved 2010-07-03.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-01-29. Retrieved 2008-11-02.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Portal Rasmi SMK Bandar Tun Hussein Onn 2". Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- "SMAT Al-Rahman". Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- Bandar Tun Hussein Onn MRT Station
- Kajang Municipal Council - administrator of Bandar Tun Hussein Onn