Bandera Independent School District
|Bandera Independent School District|
|815 Pecan Street, Bandera, Texas, 78003|
|Type||Public Independent school district|
|Grades||EE through 12|
|Superintendent||Regina Howell |
|Students and staff|
|Students||2447 (2010-11) |
|Teachers||178.26 (2011-12) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||13.73 (2011-12)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 3A Football & Basketball |
|District mascot||Bulldogs |
|Colors||Royal Blue, White|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011||Recognized |
Bandera Independent School District is a public school district based in Bandera, Texas (USA). In addition to Bandera, the district also serves the communities of Lakehills, Bandera Falls, Pipe Creek, and Tarpley.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $1,291,941,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.015 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In the 2012-2013 school year, the district had students in four schools.
- Bandera High School (Grades 9-12)
- Bandera Middle (Grades 6-8)
- Alkek Elementary (Grades EE-5)
- Hill Country Elementary (Grades EE-5)- Located in Bandera Falls
- Texas School Directory 2013-14 (PDF). Austin, Texas: Texas Education Agency. February 2014. p. 47. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Bandera ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Bandera High School Football". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF) Archived March 26, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.