Bandhan (Indian TV series)
|Also known as||Ek Se Bhale Do (Zee Anmol)|
|Genre||Indian soap opera|
|Created by||Swastik Productions|
|Story by||Ved Raj |
|Directed by||Mukesh kumarSingh |
|Starring||Chhavi Pandey |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||161|
|Producer(s)||Siddharth Kumar Tewary |
Gayatri Gill Tewary
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Running time||21 mins|
|Production company(s)||Swastik Productions|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Picture format||576i SDTV |
|Original release||16 September 2014 –|
17 April 2015
Bandhan – Saari Umar Humein Sang Rehna Hai (also known as Bandhan - Ali Malli Mamai in Sri Lanka) is an Indian television drama show, which premiered on 16 September 2014 and aired on Zee TV until 17 April 2015. Bandhan is the story of a little girl, Darpan, and her adopted brother, Ganesh the elephant. The show took a 10 year leap in the episode of 27 January 2015. Darpan marries a misguided man, Raghav, and must defeat the person who destroyed her family, Vishwasrao Patil. Can she do this? Bandhan tells the story of a bond between human and animal.
Abuse of elephant
The makers of the show have been facing opposition from Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) and animal rights organization, PETA India for abusing baby elephant, Suman, who is a central character in the show. According to media reports, AWBI and PETA conducted an inspection and found out that elephant, Suman, was treated poorly on the sets. Suman had developed skin infection and exhibited abnormal behaviour. Handlers also reportedly threatened her with sticks in front of the inspectors and she was not provided with adequate access to drinking water, appropriate housing or necessary veterinary care. Suman, the baby elephant, is three years old and separating her from her mother has been called 'unethical' by PETA.
PETA India has urged High Court to rehabilitate Suman to a sanctuary.
- Ananya Agarwal/Chhavi Pandey as Darpan Karnik/Riya Khare
- Mrunal Jain as Raghavendra Patil/Sameer Sen
- Sudesh Berry as Vishwasrao Tagdu Patil
- Aditya Redij as Mahesh Karnik
- Shweta Munshi as Prabha Mahesh Karnik
- Gracy Goswami/Priyanka Purohit as Pinky Patil
- Unknown/Ashish Mehrotra as Sanjay Patil
- Meenal Pendse/Sunila Karambelkar as Meethi Patil
- Monica Bedi as Narayani Deshpande
- Sushmita Mukherjee as Shakuntala Apte
- Anirudh Dave as Dev Pratap Patil
- Snigdha Akolkar as Kajri Patil
- Bhanujeet Sudan as Surya Pratap Patil
- Piyali Munshi as Sheetal Patil
- Meenu Panchal as Kajal
- Shubhi Ahuja as Payal
- Suman Shashi Kant as Devi
- Ravi Mishra as Dr. Ayush
In Sri Lanka, it airs on Derana TV, dubbed into Sinhala and titled as Ali Maliy Mamai.
- 'Bandhan...' - new TV show delves on man-animal bond - The Times of India
- Zee launches new show on human-animal bonding - The Times of India
- "AWBI in legalbattle over treatment of elephant on show's set". Times of India. 23 March 2015.
- "PETA urges Bombay HC to rehabilitate baby elephant seen in television show 'Bandhan". 19 March 2015.