Bandung Metropolitan Area
Bandung Metropolitan Area or Greater Bandung (Indonesian: Wilayah Metropolitan Bandung or Bandung Raya) is the metropolitan area surrounds the city of Bandung, West Java, Indonesia. It is home to roughly 8½ million people in 2014. It is composed of regencies and cities used to be part of Central Priangan Residence during the Dutch administration era.
As widely anticipated and publicized, due to ongoing development in urban areas between Bandung and Kertajati International Airport & Patimban International Seaport, West Java Provincial government & BAPPEDA prepared blueprint for new Bandung Metropolitan area with total area of over 5500 km2 & population of over 11 million people, including whole Sumedang Regency, parts of Subang Regency and Majalengka Regency bordering Cirebon Metropolitan Area.
It is located in a mountainous plateau region in the central-west portion of West Java province. It has the 2nd highest population of any metropolitan area in Indonesia. West Bandung Regency was carved out of Bandung Regency in 2007.
Western Java Urban Corridor
The metropolitan area lies less than 20 km from the eastern edge of the metropolitan area of Greater Jakarta ("Jabodetabek") near Cianjur city, and is adjacent (contiguous) with Jabodetabekjur-Cirangkarta definition for Jakarta's extended metropolitan area at its northern border with Purwakarta Regency. Beginning in Serang Regency of Banten Province, the urban corridor which Greater Bandung is a part of, is home to over 44 million people.
|Administrative division||Area (km²) 2005||Population 2010 Census||Population 2015 official estimate||Population density (/km² 2015)|
|West Bandung Regency||1,305.77||1,510,284||1,629,423||1,248|
Sources: (Budan Pusat Statistik 2010, 2015 Census Indonesia)
- http://www.bps.go.id/hasilSP2010/jabar/3211.pdf (for kecamatan)
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120628013636/http://www.bps.go.id/aboutus.php?sp=0&kota=32 Tabel Hasil Sensus Penduduk 2010 Provinsi JAWA BARAT (for all others)
- https://web.archive.org/web/20131014170450/http://www.jabarprov.go.id/index.php/subMenu/75 Sumber : Database SIAK Provinsi Jawa Barat Tahun 2011
- (BPS Jabar 2015)Satudata Jawa Barat BPS Jumlah Penduduk Kabupaten/ Kota di Jawa Barat Tahun 2010 - 2015
- Note that area figures in Indonesia are frequently updated as the country is seismically and volcanically very active, and land subsidence due to changes in land use and population pressures. 3 kecamatan data were not updated, assuming no changes to older data from 2010 data.
- Yoesoef Adji (April 26, 2016). "Pelabuhan Patimban Siap Gantikan Cilamaya".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-30. Retrieved 2016-02-08. Indonesia.go.id: For Area and http://www.jabarprov.go.id/jabar/public/85701/menu.htm?id=85701 Javabarat.go.id for Population
- Publikasi Provinsi dan Kabupaten Hasil Sementara SP2010 Archived 2010-10-13 at the Wayback Machine.