Bang Bo District
Amphoe location in Samut Prakan Province
|• Total||245.007 km2 (94.598 sq mi)|
|• Density||440.43/km2 (1,140.7/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+7 (ICT)|
Neighboring districts are Mueang Samut Prakan, Bang Phli, and Bang Sao Thong to the west, Lat Krabang (Bangkok and Mueang Chachoengsao to the north, and Ban Pho and Bang Pakong (both Chachoengsao Province) to the east. To the south is the Bay of Bangkok.
The district is divided into eight sub-districts (tambon), which are further subdivided into 74 villages (muban). There are three townships (thesaban tambon). Bang Bo and Khlong Dan each cover parts of the same-named tambon, and Khlong Suan covers the whole tambon Khlong Suan. There are a further seven tambon administrative organizations (TAO), for each tambon except Khlong Suan.
|2.||Ban Ra Kat||บ้านระกาศ||10||6,634|
|3.||Bang Phli Noi||บางพลีน้อย||11||9,166|
|8.||Khlong Niyom Yattra||คลองนิยมยาตรา||6||3,198|
Samut Prakan (Klong Dan) Wastewater Management Project
Tambon Klong Dan is the site of a never-completed wastewater treatment plant, approved in 1995, financed in part by the Asian Development Bank (ADB).The 24 billion baht project was not completed due to opposition from local residents and charges of malfeasance levelled against those responsible for the project. In July 2016, the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) initiated an investigation of a private consortium, NVPSKG, for corrupt practices related to the 90 percent completed project. In 2015, three senior Pollution Control Department (PCD) employees linked to the consortium were jailed for 20 years for malfeasance. In July 2018 the supreme court sentenced 11 persons, including the former deputy interior minister, to between three and six years in prison. The court found the defendants guilty of fraud in the purchase of 1,900 rai of land at the inflated price of 1.9 billion baht, and irregularities in the construction contract. Public land was fraudulently acquired with title deeds issued to private owners, who then inflated the price before the land was sold to the Thai Pollution Control Department.
- ประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง ยุบกิ่งอำเภอเปลี่ยนชื่อและย้ายอำเภอกับโอนตำบล (PDF). Royal Gazette (in Thai). 47 (0 ก): 226–228. October 19, 1930.
- dish123 (April 2013). "ตำนานปลาสลิดบางบ่อ". Mthai (in Thai).
- "Supreme Court orders Vatana, 10 more jailed over Klong Dan". Bangkok Post. 13 July 2018. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Samut Prakarn (Klong Dan) Wastewater Management Project in Thailand" (PDF). Mekong Watch. 2010-02-27. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- Laohong, King-Oua (9 July 2016). "DSI to investigate Khlong Dan contractor". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- "Too Hot to Handle; The Samut Prakan Wastewater Management Project Inspection Process". Focus on the Global South. May 2002.[permanent dead link]
- Prateepchaikul, Veera (2014-11-24). "Klong Dan, the 'mother of corruption' cases". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 19 November 2015.[dead link]
|This Samut Prakan Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|