Founders Alex Necochea and Bryn Bennett in 2007.
|Origin||Boston, Massachusetts, USA|
|Genres||Hard rock, glam metal, heavy metal|
|Associated acts||The Good North, The Model Sons, Reverse, The Vershok, The Snowleopards, Moki, Taxpayer, Hooray for Earth, Bon Savants, Slaughter (band), Electric Six, The Everyday Visuals, Bleu (musician), Zambri, Boy Wonder, Township, Worshipper, I am Become Death|
Bang Camaro is an American hard rock band from Boston, Massachusetts. Founded by guitarists Bryn Bennett and Alex Necochea in 2005, it is composed of members of various indie rock bands from the area. In 2009, the group is signed with Black Sword Records, 8th Impression Music, and Fontana/Universal.
"Break-up" (2009) and "reunion" (2010)
It was widely believed that Bang Camaro broke up after performing at Game Unicon 2009 in Marlboro, MA, or after their performances at Rocklahoma 2009 in Norman, OK, and had their final performance in December 2009 in Boston, MA. Founder and rhythm guitarist Alex Necochea addressed their broken-up status as ultimately incorrect on the band's official blog in the weeks leading up to their fall 2010 show in Boston, MA.
Musical style and influences
The band is composed of a bassist, a drummer, 2 guitarists, and a lead singer complement which comprises anywhere from eight to twelve vocalists. Their style is similar to late '70s–80s glam and anthem rock music. The basic song structure highlights catchy choruses and integrates frequent guitar solos.
The band cite Elvis Presley and Buddy Holly, plus metal bands such as Iron Maiden, Skid Row, Def Leppard, and Dokken, as influences. Discussing their anthem rock style, band member Alex Necochea said, "We're really not heavy metal. I think our focus is more on writing great singles, as best as we can make them. That's just something Bryn and I grew up on. We're big fans of melody and big driving hooks, that sort of thing."
- From Toronto With Love (Virgin Mobile Festival Compilation) (2007) – Features a live version of "Out on the Streets," which was recorded at the Bang Camaro album release show at Paradise Rock Club in Boston, MA in February 2007.
- Tankfarm Presents: Future Sounds 26 - Song unknown.
Additional member affiliations
- Bryn Bennett was a member of the bands The Model Sons and Reverse.
- Alex Necochea was a member of The Gasolines, The Good North, The Vershok, and has performed with Bleu, Vic Firecracker, Max Heinegg & The Nervous, and The SnowLeopards. He is currently a member of Township, Devil on Horseback, and Worshipper.
- Dave "Doz" Riley was a member of The Good North and is currently a member of Devil on Horseback.
- Morgan Brown was a content designer and Bryn Bennett was a programmer at Iron Lore Entertainment, developers of Titan Quest, for which the song "Rock of Mages" was written.
- Nick Given, Steve Trombley, Alex Necochea & Pete McCarthy were members of the band The Vershok at various points in history. Nick, Steve, Pete McCarthy, and Graeme Hall were for a time members of Boston-based adventure punk band, Men of Seas, and Steve went on to form I Am Become Death with members of Cocked N' Loaded and Mean Creek (band).
- Dick Valentine is the lead singer of Detroit, MI-based alternative rock band, Electric Six.
- Mike Soltoff was lead singer of Boston-based metal band Rule.
- Seth Kasper was in Hooray For Earth and is now in New York City-based experimental music group Zambri.
- Dylan Halacy performed with Bleu, Angels Fall, and Red Circle Underground, with actors Cassie Steele (Degrassi: The Next Generation) and Harold Perrineau (Lost), and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia touring production, The Nightman Cometh Live.
- Michael Oor was lead guitarist for The SnowLeopards & bassist for Runner & the Thermodynamics. Currently guitarist in Micronians (Los Angeles)
- Andy Dole was a member of The Bon Savants and Mystery Roar, and is now drummer for Cymbals Eat Guitars.
- Jay Marsh & Maclaine Diemer were members of the band Taxpayer; Maclaine performed with Bleu and was co-host of the podcast from grouphug.us called Audiocrush. He is currently a sound designer at ArenaNet on Guild Wars 2.
- Glen and James Fant were members of the band The Distinguished Members. Glen is currently guitarist for The Fatal Flaw.
- Andre Coles, also known as Boy Wonder, is a Philadelphia, PA-based musician.
- Max Heinegg has a solo musical career.
- Keith Wales was a member of the band St. Helena.
- Graeme Hall was a member of the bands The Vershok, Moki, and Men of Seas.
- Richie Hoss & Rodrigo Van Stoli were members of Noble Rot. Stoli currently fronts Boston rock outfit Aquanutz.
- Mike McKay is also known as Boston, MA-based DJ Mistaker.
- Ayala Ben-Yehuda. "Bang Camaro Readies Second Album". Billboard. Archived from the original on 19 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- Alex Necochea. "What happened to Bang Camaro?". Bang Camaro. Retrieved 2011-03-27.
- David Shankbone. Interview with Alex Necochea, Wikinews, October 8, 2007.
- "From Toronto With Love (Virgin Mobile Festival Compilation)". Amazon.com.
- "Amazon Listing: Tankfarm Presents: Future Sounds 26 | Tankfarm Presents: Future Sounds 26". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-03-27.
- "Titan Quest Forums: Bang Camaro Album Release". Titanquest.net. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "MySpace.com – The Vershok". Myspace. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "The official home of Detroit superstars Electric Six. | The official home of Detroit superstars Electric Six.". ElectricSix.com. Archived from the original on 10 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-26.
- "Rule". Facebook. 2012-04-08. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- "Group Hug | Anonymous online confessions". Audiocrush.us. Archived from the original on 16 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "MySpace.com – Noble Rot". Myspace. 2008-12-26. Archived from the original on 3 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-08.