Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Motto in English
|We Strive For Maritime Excellence|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Real Admiral M. Khaled Iqbal BSP, ndc, psc|
Plot# 14/06-14/23, Pallabi Mirpur-12, Dhaka-1216,
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission|
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University (BSMRMU) was established in 2013, the 37th public university of the country. It is the first maritime University in Bangladesh, the 3rd maritime university in South Asia and the 12th maritime university in the world. the University is still in an early stage; it has issued its first calls for admission in December, 2016 
- Undergraduate Programs
- B.Sc (Hons) in Oceanography
- B.Sc in Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- BBA in Port Management and Logistics
- LLB in Maritime Law
- Postgraduate Programs
- Master in Port & Shipping Management
- LLM Maritime Law
- MBA (Major in Maritime Business)
- Short (Certificate) Courses
- Supply Chain Management
- Freight Forwarding
- Marine Insurance and Claim
- Dangerous Goods Handling and Transportation
- "JS passes bill to discipline overseas employment". Dhaka Tribune. 24 October 2013.
- "Govt appoints VC, registrar, treasurer in BSMRMU". The Daily Observer. 22 January 2014.
- "Role of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University". The Daily Star. 14 August 2014.
- "BSMRMU launches certificate courses". The Daily Star. 21 July 2016.
- "Orientation held at Maritime University". The Independent. Dhaka. 4 October 2016.
- "63pc students have no dorm facilities at public varsities". The New Nation. 3 December 2016.
- "77 pc public varsity teachers have no housing facilities". The New Nation. 4 December 2016.
- "BSc (Hons) in Oceanography at BSMRMU". The New Nation. 4 January 2017.