Bangalore–Mysore Infrastructure Corridor
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)
|Bengaluru–Mysuru Infrastructure Corridor|
|Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises Road, Bengaluru-Mysuru Expressway|
|Maintained by Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises Road|
|Length||111 km (69 mi)|
The Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises Road, commonly known as NICE Road and officially called Bengaluru–Mysuru Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC), is a proposed 4 to 6 lane private tolled expressway in Karnataka, that intends to connect the two important cities Bengaluru and Mysuru in the Indian state of Karnataka. This is being constructed by Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE) chaired by Ashok Kheny on a Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) basis.
In conjunction with a 1995 Trade Mission to India sponsored by the then Governor of Massachusetts, William Weld, a memorandum of understanding was signed by Consortium members, Indian officials, including then Karnataka Chief Minister, H.D. Deve Gowda, and U.S. officials, which set the stage for launching the Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor project. The Consortium, Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE), comprises the Kalyani Group of Companies, VHB International LTD. and SAB International LTD. to develop the Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor.
The project has been in controversy since the day of planning. In October 2012, the Karnataka Lokayukta ordered a probe into several former chief ministers in matters relating to irregularities in land acquisition for the project.
Once fully constructed, it is planned to go through Mysuru, Srirangapattana, Pandavapura, Mandya, Maddur, Channapattana, Ramanagara, Kengeri and Bengaluru. The presently completed part of NICE road consists of a half-circle around the city of Bangalore, starting from Electronic City Ending at Tumkur Road. It has access points at Electronic City , Bannergatta Road, Kanakapura Road, Mysore Road, Magadi Road and Tumkur Road
- Mar 2019: 4 km of expressway is completed, besides this 41 km of peripheral road and 8.5 km of link road is also constructed.
- Bengaluru-Mysuru Expressway, an upcoming project.
- Expressways of India
- Infrastructure in Bangalore
- Outer Ring Road (Bangalore)
- Bangalore Elevated Tollway
- "Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Area Planning Authority". Archived from the original on 21 June 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- Yadav, Umesh. "Now, BMRCL chalks out a 'NICE' plan for Namma Metro - The Economic Times". The Economic Times. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- Chaturvedi, Amit (25 October 2012). "Mysore infrastructure corridor project: Probe ordered against former Karnataka chief ministers". Bangalore. NDTV. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Kumaraswamy mum on NICE project he once opposed". 16 November 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bangalore–Mysore Infrastructure Corridor.|