Bangalore Institute of Technology
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Technology For Prosperity|
|Principal||Dr. M.U Aswath|
KR Road, VV Puram, Bangalore-560004, Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Affiliations||Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University|
Bangalore Institute of Technology is an engineering college offering undergraduate and graduate engineering courses, affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum located in Bangalore. The institution came into being in August, 1979 under the auspices of Vokkaligara Sangha, Bengaluru.
BIT is currently affiliated to VTU. The institute initially offered the Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunication, Instrumentation Technology, Electrical, Civil and Mechanical, Information Science and Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management. Bangalore Institute of Technology was the first institute to introduce a full-fledged Computer Science and Engineering course in Karnataka. It is recognized by the AICTE and has been accredited by NBA. At present BIT offers 9 undergraduate, 10 post graduate and a PhD course(s) with a student body of more than 4000.
There are a number of centres carrying out inter-disciplinary research and many collaborative programmes exist between the college and other institutions such as the Institute of Science (IISc) and National Aerospace Laboratories (N.A.L.). The college is also a program centre for Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). Teaching and research work is supported by facilities such as a central library with 90000 volumes of text books and reference books and an Industrial Consultancy and Research Center. The institute has an auditorium (1200 seating capacity), seminar hall, co-operative society, canteen, and cultural sections as well as hostels for boys and girls.;
Students of BIT have academic records and are placed in industries and corporate sectors. The college offers placement on campus for its students. A few of the companies which have visited the college for campus placements are Oracle, Bosch, Google, Dell, HP, Fidelity, IBM,Microchip, Accenture, TCE, L&T, ABB, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Infosys, Quest, @WalmartLabs and HSBC. The graduates and post graduate students of BIT are continuously trained on aptitude, technical and soft skills. Seminars, workshops and faculty development program are conducted on a regular basis to update the advances in the field of engineering. Student’s forum like Rotract Club, TEDx, Ecsa, ieee, XKalibre and quiz club conduct various technical, cultural and sports events for faculty and students.
- EDC:BIT is the official Entrepreneurship and Development Cell of Bangalore Institute Of Technology.
- BIT Team Stratos was formed in 2009 to participate in SAE BAJA India and other International events like SAE BAJA Korea.
- MANTHAN is the annual techno-cultural festival of BIT.
- INFINITI is a cell that was formed to encourage women in technology.Since its inception it has expanded to several colleges in Bangalore.
- MIDAS is a dance club of BIT, which participates in cultural events.
- Associated with Rotary Bangalore South-East club to form Rotaract club in the college to inculcate a sense of concern for the society.
- BIT's cultural team 'AIKYA' is an ensemble of dance, music and drama.
- BIT's literary club "ELEVATE" encourages students to take part in literary events such as debate, creative writing and also conducts social awareness programs like clean drives and bikers clubs etc.
- BIT's Kannada Club "SANSKRITHI" encourages students to learn and promote Kannada.
- The official Quiz club of BIT is called Crossfire Quizzing (CFQ for short ).
- Ecsa is electronic communication student association which regularly organize robotic workshop and seminars for students.
- BIT-Tech is a technical club which helps students from all the disciplines to make their technical ideas into projects and participate in different technical events across the country.