|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||ISO 3166-2:IN|
Bangaon subdivision is a subdivision of the North 24 Parganas district in the state of West Bengal, India. It consists of Bangaon municipality and three community development blocks: Bagda, Bangaon and Gaighata. The three blocks contain two census towns and 38 gram panchayats. The subdivision has its headquarters at Bangaon.
Ichamati River flows through the Bongaon Subdivision.
Apart from the Bangaon municipality, the subdivision contains two census towns and rural areas of 38 gram panchayats under three community development blocks: Bagda, Bangaon and Gaighata. The two census towns are: Sonatikiri and Dhakuria.
Rural area under Bagdah block consists of nine gram panchayats, viz. Asharu, Helencha, Malipota, Bagda, Koniara–I, Ranghat, Bayra, Koniara–II and Sindrani. There is no urban area under this block. Bagdah police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Bagdaha.
Rural area under Bangaon block consists of 16 gram panchayats, viz. Akaipur, Chhaighoria, Gangrapota, Kalupur, Bairampur, Dharam Pukuria, Ghatbour, Palla, Chawberia–I, Dighari, Gopalnagar–I, Sundarpur, Chawberia–II, Ganganandapur, Gopalnagar–II and Tengra. There is no urban area under this block. Bangaon police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Bangaon.
Rural area under Gaighata block consists of 13 gram panchayats, viz. Chandpara, Fulsara, Jaleswar–II, Sutia, Dharmapur–I, Ichapur–I, Jhaudanga, Dharmapur–II, Ichapur–II, Ramnagar, Duma, Jaleswar–I and Shimulpur. Urban area under this block consists of two census towns: Sonatikiri and Dhakuria. Haroa police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Chandrapara Bazar.
As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in West Bengal, the Bagda block and three gram panchayats under the Bangaon block, viz. Gangrapota, Sundarpur and Tengra, will form the Bagda assembly constituency of West Bengal. The Bangaon municipality and seven assembly constituencies under the Bongaon block, viz. Akaipur, Chhaighoria, Dharam Pukuria, Ganganandapur, Ghatbour, Gopalnagar–I and Gopalnagar–II, will form the Bangaon Uttar assembly constituency. The other six gram panchayats under the Bangaon block, viz. Bairampur, Chawberia–I, Chawberia–II, Dighari, Kalupur and Palla, along with six gram panchayats under the Gaighata block, viz. Chandpara, Duma, Fulsara, Jaleswar–II, Jhaudanga and Ramnagar, will form the Bangaon Dakshin assembly constituency. The other seven gram panchayats of Gaighata block, viz. Sutia, Dharmapur–I, Ichapur–I, Dharmapur–II, Ichapur–II, Jaleswar–I and Shimulpur, will be part of the area covered by the Gaighata assembly constituency. All the four constituencies will be reserved for Scheduled castes (SC) candidates. All of them will be part of the Bangaon (Lok Sabha constituency), which will be reserved for SC candidates.
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 2008-03-19. Retrieved 2008-12-25.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns( Municipal Corporation,Municipality,Notified Area and Cantonment Board) , Census Towns and Outgrowths, West Bengal, 2001". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-25.
- "List of Districts/C.D.Blocks/ Police Stations with Code No., Number of G.Ps and Number of Mouzas". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-25.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". North 24 Parganas district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-27.
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. pp. 10, 24. Retrieved 2009-01-14.