|Single by Skrillex featuring Sirah|
|from the album Bangarang|
|Released||January 16, 2012|
|Format||CD, digital download|
|Recorded||June – August 2011|
|Genre||Complextro, moombahcore, electronic rock|
|Label||Big Beat, Atlantic, OWSLA|
|Writer(s)||Sonny Moore, Sara Elizabeth Mitchell|
"Bangarang" is a song by American electronic music producer Skrillex. It was released as a single from his EP of the same name. It features guest rap vocals from Sirah. "Bangarang" uses Sirah's "chopped-up" rap vocals throughout the song.
The song received generally positive reviews from critics, who enjoyed its fun-nature sound. It has since become one of his most commercially successful singles to date, charting within the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Austria, France, New Zealand, Norway and Sweden. A music video for the song premiered on February 16, 2012 via his official YouTube channel. "Bangarang" received airplay on some modern rock radio stations. The song can be heard in commercials and trailers for the film The Watch, the video game Sonic Boom and in promos for the 2013 X Games. The song also appears in the video game Guitar Hero Live. It is also the theme music of the mobile game Gangstar Vegas.
Jon Dollan from Rolling Stone noted 'the laser-blasting inanity of the title track, which ends with someone bragging, "I'm eating Fun Dip right now/Not givin' a fuck." Not a bad credo for music that makes a disco sugar high feel downright pornographic'. Garret Kamps from Spin gave the song a positive review, calling it a "massively enjoyable, massively concussive collection of blips and bursts that sounds like something Moby might hear in his head during a heart attack, so thoroughly and dyspeptically is dubstep's characteristic bass wobble distorted and pushed into the red. That remains [his] signature trick...." 
Rolling Stone named the song the 22nd-best song of 2012.
A music video for the song premiered via YouTube on February 16, 2012. It depicts a group of three young boys robbing an ice-cream truck in an elaborate heist. During the robbery, the ringleader of the boys accidentally causes the ice-cream truck driver to lose his hand by forcefully slamming a door onto his wrist. He feels obvious guilt for this, and when his gang have grown up, they perform a similarly elaborate heist on a van delivering four cases of cash. They succeed in stealing the cash, and the video concludes with the gang leader leaving one of the cases with the ice-cream man.
- The ice-cream van driver's lost hand is replaced with a hook
- The boy leading the gang's shadow seems to manifest his guilt, much like Pan's shadow having a personality of its own
- The ice-cream van driver has a tattoo of an alligator on the back of his right hand
- The boys appear to be homeless at the start of the video, possibly alluding to Pan's Lost Boys
- One of the boys imitates his own childish behaviour after they complete the second heist, which may be an allusion to Neverland and not growing up
|Promo CD / digital download|
|1.||"Bangarang" (featuring Sirah)||3:35|
Charts and certifications
The song has charted in multiple countries worldwide, including the Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States. In Australia, the song has become a commercial success, reaching the top 5 within the ARIA Charts whilst spending more than 20 weeks within the top 50. It has also been certified 4x Platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA).
In the United States, the song entered the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart at number 4 due to strong digital downloads. However, on the issue date of March 3, 2012, the song debuted at number 95 on the Billboard Hot 100,. It has since reached a peak of number 72 and spent more than 20 weeks on the chart. It has sold over 1 million copies in the US as of January 2013. In the United Kingdom, the song reached a peak of number 24 and spent a total of 16 weeks inside the UK Top 40.
- Jon Dolan (2012-01-12). "Bangarang | Album Reviews". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2012-03-13.
- "SKRILLEX - Bangarang Official Music Video". YouTube. 2012-02-16. Retrieved 2012-03-13.
- "The Naked And Famous Regain Top Spot, Skrillex's "Bangarang" Added To KROQ Playlist". KROQ. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- Wolk, Douglas (December 4, 2012). "Top 10 Everything of 2012: 6. Skrillex, 'Bangarang'".
- "Skrillex, 'Bangarang' (OWSLA/Big Beat/Atlantic)". Spin. Retrieved 2012-03-13.
- "Skrillex feat. Sirah, 'Bangarang'". Rolling Stone.
- "Skrillex – Bangarang (CD)". Discogs. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-03-15. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Music: Top 100 Songs - Billboard Hot 100 Chart". Billboard.
- Paul Grein (January 4, 2013). "Week Ending Dec. 30, 2012. Songs: Taylor Knew Bruno Was Trouble". Chart Watch. Yahoo Music. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- "Australian-charts.com – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- "ARIA Dance Singles Chart - 15/6/15" (PDF). ARIA Charts. October 11, 2015. Archived from the original on April 16, 2012.
- "Austriancharts.at – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Ultratop.be – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Ultratop.be – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Ultratop.be – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in French). Ultratip. Retrieved March 04, 2012.
- "Skrillex – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Skrillex. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Skrillex: Bangarang (Feat. Sirah)" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "Lescharts.com – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Musicline.de – Skrillex Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Chart Track: Week 35, 2012". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in Dutch). Single Top 100. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang". VG-lista. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Charts.org.nz – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang". Top 40 Singles. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Official Romania chart (18 noiembrie 2012)". Archived from the original on April 26, 2013. Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang". Singles Top 100. Retrieved March 04, 2012.
- "Swisscharts.com – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang". Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved March 04, 2012.
- "Archive Chart: 2012-06-02" UK Dance Chart. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- "Archive Chart: 2012-06-02" UK Singles Chart. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- "Skrillex – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Skrillex. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- http://www.aria.com.au/pages/aria-charts-end-of-year-charts-top-100-singles-2012.html[permanent dead link]
- "Top 100 Singles of 2012". BBC Radio 1. BBC Online. 31 December 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2013 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Ultratop − Goud en Platina – 2012". Ultratop & Hung Medien / hitparade.ch.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Skrillex; 'Bangarang')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Italian single certifications – Skrillex feat. Sarah – Bangarang" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana. Select Online in the field Sezione. Enter Skrillex feat. Sarah in the field Filtra. The certification will load automatically
- "..:Certificaciones Mensuales 2015:..". Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Facebook. 13 March 2015. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- THE FIELD id (chart number) MUST BE PROVIDED for NEW ZEALAND CERTIFICATION.
- "Sverigetopplistan: Skrillex – Bangarang" (To access certification, one must search (Sök) for "Bangarang" or "Bangarang Skrillex" and click the "Visa" button.) (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. Grammofonleverantörernas förening. Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- "British single certifications – Skrillex feat. Sarah – Bangarang". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Bangarang in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select single in the field By Format. Select Gold in the field By Award. Click Search
- "American single certifications – Skrillex feat. Sarah – Bangarang". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH