"In 2011 an Israeli linguist, working with Adelaide University and the chair of linguistics and endangered languages, Professor Ghil'ad Zuckermann, contacted the Barngarla community about helping to revive and reclaim the Barngarla language. This request was eagerly accepted by the Barngarla people and language reclamation workshops began in Port Lincoln, Whyalla and Port Augusta in 2012" (Barngarla man Stephen Atkinson, 2013). The reclamation is based on 170-year-old documents.
In October 2016 a mobile app featuring a dictionary of over 3000 Barngarla words was publicly released.
- Zuckermann, Ghil‘ad, Shakuto-Neoh, Shiori & Quer, Giovanni Matteo, 2014, Native Tongue Title: Proposed Compensation for the Loss of Aboriginal Languages, Australian Aboriginal Studies 2014/1: 55-71.
- Zuckermann, Ghil‘ad & Walsh, Michael, 2014, 'Our Ancestors Are Happy!': Revivalistics in the Service of Indigenous Wellbeing, Foundation for Endangered Languages XVIII: 113-119.
- Language lost and regained / Barngarla man Stephen Atkinson, THE AUSTRALIAN, 20 September 2013
- Dr Anna Goldsworthy on the Barngarla language reclamation / The Monthly, September 2014
- Barngarla language reclamation, Port Augusta
- Barngarla language reclamation, Port Lincoln
- Reawakening Language (including Barngarla sentences uttered by revivalist Professor Ghil'ad Zuckermann)
- Waking up Australia's sleeping beauty languages
- Hope for revival of dormant indigenous languages
- Reclaiming their language / Port Lincoln
- Awakening the "sleeping beauties" of Aboriginal languages
- Cultural historical event begins / Whyalla
- Barngarla language app, Transcontinental, 2 August 2016
- Group moves to preserve Barngarla language / Port Augusta
- Calls for compensation over 'stolen' Indigenous languages
- Language revival could have mental health benefits for Aboriginal communities
- Australia’s Unspeakable Aboriginal Tragedy / Lainie Anderson, 6 May 2012
- Language More Important than Land
- BARNGARLA: PEOPLE, LANGUAGE & LAND
- An interview with Stolen Generation Barngarla man Howard Richards and his wife Isabel / Port Lincoln
- Bibliography of Parnkalla language and people resources, at the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
- Barngarla at the Australian Indigenous Languages Database, Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2017). "Banggarla". Glottolog 3.0. Jena, Germany: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Language lost and regained / Barngarla man Stephen Atkinson, The Australian, 20 September 2013
- Australia’s unspeakable indigenous tragedy / Lainie Anderson, 6 May 2012
- See Section 282 in FEDERAL COURT OF AUSTRALIA: Croft on behalf of the Barngarla Native Title Claim Group v State of South Australia (2015, FCA 9), File number: SAD 6011 of 1998; John Mansfield (judge).
- Harrison, Billie (2016-10-12). "Barngarla app to share language | GALLERY". Port Lincoln Times. Retrieved 2017-05-09.