|Look up Bangla in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bangla (Bengali: বাংলা) is the endonym (native name) of Bengal, a geographical and ethno-linguistic region in South Asia, or of the Bengali language, an eastern Indo-Aryan language. It may also mean:
- Bangladesh, a sovereign state covering a large part of the Bengal region, whose name means 'Bengali Country' or 'Country of Bengal'
- Bengal, a geopolitical, cultural and historical region in Asia, which is located in the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent at the apex of the Bay of Bengal.
- The Bangla- prefix/suffix indicating Bangladesh and the Bengal. For e.g. Indo-Bangla relations, Anglo-Bangla relations etc.
- Bangla Maa, the national personification of Bengal as a mother figure
- .bangla, the secondary Internet country code top-level domain for Bangladesh
- Bangla (band), a folk-rock band from Bangladesh
- Banglapedia, the National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh
- Bangla Academy, an academy in Bangladesh for promoting the Bengali language
- Bangla College, a college in the part of Dhaka in Bangladesh
- Bengali alphabet (Bangla lipi)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bangla.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.