Bangladesh–Luxembourg relations refer to the bilateral relations between Bangladesh and Luxembourg. Luxembourg recognized Bangladesh on February 11, 1972, following the separation of East Pakistan from Pakistan in the 1971 war.
In 2003 the Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg visited Bangladesh, to inaugurate a UNESCO project there. During the visit, the Grand Duchess, along with the Marshal of the Court of Luxembourg Jean Jacques Kasel, and Ambassador of the Netherlands to Bangladesh met with Bangladesh President Iajuddin Ahmed and officials of the Bangladesh Ministry of Foreign Affairs. She also met separately with Foreign Minister M Morshed Khan and discussed gender equality, education, microcredit and immunization. The Grand Duchess had also visited the country prior to her accent at Grand Duchess, and had met with Muhammad Yunus of Grameen Bank there.
The Bangladesh Ambassador to Belgium is accredited to Luxembourg.
Bangladesh and Luxembourg have shown their interest to expand the bilateral economic activities between the two countries and have been taking necessary steps in this regard. Bangladesh Business Chamber of Commerce in Luxembourg (BBCCL) is an organization for promoting Bangladeshi products in Luxembourg.
One of the main obstacles behind the expansion of trade between the two countries has been the complications of transporting Bangladeshi products to Luxembourg through Germany and Belgium which raises the transportation costs. Experts have emphasized on establishing a hub point of Bangladeshi products in Luxembourg.
The only Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities compliant fund for foreign investment in Bangladeshi stocks, SwissPro Invest Bangladesh Fund, is domiciled in Luxembourg.
- International Relations of Bangladesh and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman: 1971-1973. Parama in association with UBS Publishers' Distributors, New Delhi. 1999. p. xl.
- UNESCO. Son Altesse Royale la Grande-Duchesse Maria Teresa de Luxembourg inaugure un projet de l’UNESCO au Bangladesh
- "Duchess of Luxembourg calls on President". Organisation of Asia-Pacific News Agencies. 23 November 2003.
- "Bangladesh FM makes courtesy call on Grand Duchess of Luxembourg". Organisation of Asia-Pacific News Agencies. 24 November 2003.
- "Duke Visit". United News of Bangladesh Limited. 23 July 2003.
- "Luxembourg Chamber head visits CCCI". The Financial Express. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Bangladesh-Luxembourg Business Ties Stress on initiatives to dig out untapped trade potentials". Daily Sun. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Luxembourg can be hub for Bangladeshi products". The Independent. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "SwissPro Invest launches fund for Bangladesh". The Daily Star. Bangladesh. 2 June 2013. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Rashid, Mamun (31 December 2013). "2013: A bumpy ride for Bangladesh". The Financial Express. Bangladesh.
|This article about politics in Luxembourg is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|