Bangladesh–Malawi relations are the bilateral relations between Bangladesh and Malawi. Neither country has a resident ambassador. Diplomatic relations between the two countries were officially established in 2012 primarily due to former Malawian President Bingu wa Mutharika's desire to build strong relations with Bangladesh. Both the countries are members of Group of 77 and Commonwealth of Nations.
Areas of cooperation
Areas of cooperation have been identified in trade and social development. As Malawi is a major producer of cotton which is an essential raw material for Bangladesh's textile industry, Bangladesh is keen to invest in Malawi in this sector. Bangladesh's progress in social development sectors like women empowerment and poverty reduction has been identified as a role model for Malawi to replicate.
- Bangladesh pledges to invest in Malawi |The Nation Online
- Malawi wants to protect local cotton industry |The Nation Online
- Malawi keen to expand bilateral, trade relations with Bangladesh | The Bangladesh Chronicle
- Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS)
- "daily sun daily sun - Metropolisdaily sun - Metropolis - Malawi keen to boost trade ties". daily sun.
|This article about foreign relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|