High level visits
Cooperation in the international forums
Bangladesh and Venezuela have been supporting each other in various global forums. In 2006, Venezuela sought Bangladesh's support for its candidature at the United Nations Security Council election for a non-permanent seat. Bangladesh, in return, promised to give due consideration to the request. In 2014, Venezuela assured to support Bangladesh's candidature for Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
Inspired by Bangladesh's successes in primary education, women's empowerment, and child and maternal health sectors, Venezuela replicated many social programs of Bangladesh to improve its social indicators. Government of Venezuela has also adopted the microcredit programs of Bangladesh-based Grameen Bank to help eradicate poverty.
Both the countries have expressed their interest to strengthen the bilateral economic ties. The need for exchange of business delegations between the two countries have been stressed to explore potential areas for bilateral trade and investment. The energy sector have been identified as a potential field for extensive economic cooperation between Bangladesh and Venezuela. Bangladesh has also sought direct investment from Venezuelan enterprises.
- "Newly appointed ambassador of Venezuela presents credentials to President". Bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Venezuela seeks Bangladesh support for candidature of UNSC non-permanent membership". People's Daily. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Venezuela to support BD's candidature to CEDAW". Daily Sun. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Venezuela learns from Bangladesh". Bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "DEVELOPMENT-VENEZUELA: Micro-Credit Pioneer Advises Chavez Gov't". Inter Press Service. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Increasing ties with Venezuela stressed". News Today. Retrieved 2 October 2014.