Bangladesh Association of Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalists
Bangladesh Association of Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalists (BALID)(Bengali: বাংলাদেশ গ্রন্থাগারিক ও তথ্যায়নবিদ সমিতি (বেলিড) is a non-political and professional association of librarians and Information scientist of Bangladesh.
Birth of BALID
BALID was founded as "Bangladesh Young Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalists (BAYLID) on January 23, 1986 by Bangladeshi young library professionals who wished to establish an association to develop the libraries and its professionals. Its inauguration was declared on the same date at "Sabuj Chattar" (Green Premises) of Modern Language Institute of Dhaka University, Bangladesh.
Later the name was changed to "Bangladesh Association of Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalists (BALID)". In the Bengali language the name is "Bangladesh Gronthagarik O Tothyaonbid Somiti"(বাংলাদেশ গ্রন্থাগারিক ও তথ্যায়নবিদ সমিতি - বেলিড) .
Aims and objectives
- To serve Library, Information and Documentation centers to develop these for all the citizen of the country.
- To help to develop the professional status of Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalists.
- To help to promote the professionals proficiency.
- To take care of welfare and professional interest of the members.
- To help the professionals to co-operate with various libraries, information and documentation centres.
- To make the platform for co-operation with other relevant local, regional and international organizations.
- Take part in participation in socio-economic activities and help to other same groups.
|This article about a Bangladeshi organisation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|