Bangladesh Caterers Association UK
|Headquarters||BCA House, 403 Harrow Road, London, W9 3NF|
|Mustafa Kamal Yakub|
|Oli Khan FRSA|
|Saidur Rahman Bipul|
|Slogan||Unity, Faith, Activity and Prosperity|
|Mission||powered by passion driven by values!!|
Bangladesh Caterers Association UK (abbreviated as BCA) is the umbrella organisation of British-Bangladeshi restaurants. It was established in 1960 to represent the catering industry run by the ethnic Bangladeshis.
In 1960, Israel Miah became the founder president of what became the Bangladesh Caterers Association. It represents the political and economic interests of the owners of 12,000 British Bangladeshi restaurants and takeaways across the UK. It organises various activities to promote Bangladeshi cuisine in Great Britain as well as in Europe.
In 2004, the organisation requested for ethnic restaurant staff positions to be designated as a shortage occupation, which would make it easier for Bangladeshi citizens to obtain UK work permits. In 2014, the organisation established a cross party parliamentary group to lobby the British Government on behalf of the curry industry. It had the support of 24 MPs with 70 more promising to support the cause.
- Mukherjee, Rehana; Mukherjee, Sumita (2011). South Asian Resistances in Britain, 1858 - 1947. Continuum. p. 45. ISBN 978-1441117564.
- "About BCA". Bangladesh Caterers Association. 22 August 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- "Bangladeshi work visas criticised". BBC News. 5 August 2004. Retrieved 1 January 2009.
- Witts, Sophie (24 July 2015). "Chef shortage causing crisis for UK curry restaurants". Big Hospitality. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
5. The Guardian, "No one in Oli Khan’s family had ever lived in Scotland, or anywhere near it. But when, aged 23, Khan first set eyes on Linlithgow, a modest West Lothian town near Falkirk" Template:Https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jan/12/who-killed-the-british-curry-house?CMP=share btn link
6. TRT TV world news, Thomson "Reuters Curry Story" Template:Https://vimeo.com/154301047
"About BCA". Bangladesh Caterers Association. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
|This article about an organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|