Bangladesh Fire Service & Civil Defence
Bangladesh Fire Service and Civil Defence is a department responsible rescue missions in Bangladesh including fire safety, safety during air raids and any kind of disaster. Emergency hotline for fire service is 9-9-9. The Present Director General is Brigadier General Ali Ahmed Khan.
In 1982, "Fire Service", the fire defence agency and "Civil Defence", the unarmed warning and rescue force and the general rescue force, was amalgamated into Bangladesh Fire Service & Civil Defence. In 2016 China agreed to donate 1000 firefighting bikes.
Chain of Command
- Director General
- Director /Project Director
- Deputy Director/Principal
- Assistant Director/ Vice Principal
- Deputy Assistant Director/Instructor/ Senior Staff officer/PO cum Adjutant/ Mobilizing Officer
- Senior Station Officer/ Asst Instructor/Officer in charge(Control Room)/ Store Officer
- Warehouse Inspector
- Station Officer/ Staff officer/ Junior Instructor/Mobilizing Officer
- Sub Officer
- Fireman/ Nurse/ Driver/ Operator
There are nearly 9,000 people working in the FS & CD, Bangladesh. There is one DG having the equality of Brig. General. Also have three posts for directors, nine Deputy Directors, more than 20 Asst Directors and 80 DADs.
There are more than 340 stations, some first class having a Senior Station officer, more manpower and cars, the rest are second class having a station officer and less manpower. There are only 5 river stations in a country where flows 230 rivers.
- "Industries ministry forms probe body over Tongi fire". Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Could smell gas, survivour claims". 2016-09-11. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Six fire stations to be set up in Ctg city | Dhaka Tribune". 2016-08-31. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "BCIC chairman: Toxic gas leak in Ctg merely an accident | Dhaka Tribune". 2016-08-24. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "China to provide Bangladesh 1000 firefighting motorcycles". Retrieved 2016-09-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bangladesh Fire Service & Civil Defense.|