Bangladesh Post Office
|বাংলাদেশ ডাক বিভাগ|
Logo of Bangladesh Post Office
|Postal Authority overview|
|Type||Agency of the Government of Bangladesh|
|Motto||Service is our ideal.|
|Postal Authority executive|
|Parent department||Post and Telecommunication Division; Ministry of Post, Telecommunication and IT (Bangladesh)|
|Website||Bangladesh Post Office|
The Bangladesh Post Office (Bengali: বাংলাদেশ ডাক বিভাগ) also known by trade name Bangla Post is responsible for providing postal service in Bangladesh. It is an attached department of the Ministry of Post and Telecommunication (Bangladesh). This ministry is concerned with the policymaking for its two attached departments. The Director General of Bangladesh Post Office is Sushanta Kumar Mandal.
The Main Services of the Bangladesh post office are to mail Letters, Post Cards, Parcel, News Paper & Periodicals and Book or Packet. The general delivery time is 2–3 days depending upon the distance and communication of destination.
Electronic Money Transfer Service (EMTS) is one of the service which started operations 26 March 2010. This service was commercially launched in a limited scope (in 104 post offices) on 10 May 2010. However, in response of overwhelming demand, this service has now been expanded in 2750 post offices throughout the country including all district Head Post Offices, Upazila and important/busy rural Post Offices. This service has got wide acceptability and popularity within a short period of time, which can be regarded as a significant achievement of the present government.
Postal Cash Card is a debit card. Start operation at 26 March 2010. Now available at all district, upazila and important/selected post offices. Purchase a postal cash card will cost BDT 45.00 which includes minimum balance of BDT 10.00. No yearly charge or profit/interest against customer balance. Service: Cash in, Cash out, Balance transfer to other card, Transaction with POS & ATM located at post offices or QCASH marked POS/ATM booths.
Electronic Mail Service was introduced as "E-Post" from 16 Aug 2000. The ePost service enabled people to send and receive messages or scanned images through e-mail from selected Post offices in the country. This service is now available in 16 Head Post offices, namely Dhaka GPO, Chittagong GPO, Sylhet HPO, Moulavibazar HPO, Feni HPO and Comilla HPO. Noakhali HPO, Mymensingh HPO, Jessore HPO, Kushtia HPO, Barisal HPO, Bogra HPO, Sirajganj HPO  From 2015 the Post department started its e-commerce services.
- "Banking services at post offices on cards". The Daily Star. 2016-09-19. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Tarana appoints 19 female drivers at post office". ATN-NEWS. 2017-04-10. Retrieved 2017-04-16.
- "Postal Communication - Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "PM releases stamp". The Daily Star. 2017-03-27. Retrieved 2017-04-16.
- "Electronic Money Transfer Service". Bangladesh Post Office. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Bangladesh Post Office". Bangladesh Post Office. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "E-Post". Bangladesh Post Office. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Post offices going for e-commerce services". The Daily Star. 2015-10-09. Retrieved 2017-04-16.