Bangladesh Public Service Commission
|Legal status||quasi judicial body|
Bangladesh Public Service Commission (Bengali: বাংলাদেশ সরকারী কর্ম কমিশন) is quasi judicial body established in 1972. The commission is responsible for the recruitment of civil service servants in Bangladesh government. It was formed by Section 137 of Part IX, Chapter II of the Constitution of Bangladesh.
The commission started as public service commission in 1926 during British India, it was later Known as East Pakistan Public service commission after the partition of India. After the Independence of Bangladesh it was established as Bangladesh Public Service Commission in 1972. It is responsible for holding Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) Examination and publishing its results.
- "Who We Are". bpsc.gov.bd. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- Constitution of Bangladesh. "Establishment of commissions". bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd. Peoples' Republic of Bangladesh. pp. Part IX, Chapter II, Section 137. Retrieved 2016-09-20.
- "Bangladesh Public Service Commission". en.banglapedia.org. Banglapedia. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Listen to them!". thedailystar.net. The Daily Star. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "34th BCS final results published". en.prothom-alo.com. Prothom Alo. Retrieved 23 February 2016.