Bangladesh Shishu Academy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
বাংলাদেশ শিশু একাডেমী
Bangladesh Shishu Academy (Bengali: বাংলাদেশ শিশু একাডেমি) is the national academy for children in Bangladesh. It was established in 1976 for promoting cultural development of children, and nurturing their talents.
List of Chairpersons
Shishu Academy Award
- Agrani Bank Shishu Academy Children's Literature Award
- Bangladesh Shishu Academy Award for Literature. The Academy adorns one Bangladeshi litterateur with the award for his/her overall contribution in the field of juvenile literature. The award was introduced in 1396 BS (1989 Gregorian). A poet or a litterateur is entitled to this award once during his lifetime. No provision is made for giving the award posthumously. The awardee is entitled to an amount of taka twenty five thousand in cash, one crest and a certificate of honour.
- Agrani Bank Award for Juvenile Literature is given to an individual for outstanding juvenile book or illustration in a particular year. It was given in four major branches such as: Chhora, Kobita o Gan (Rhyme, poetry and song), Angkan (Illustration), Galpo, Uponnash, Rupkatha (Short story, novel and fairy tale), and Shyastho, Biggyan o Projukti (Health, science and technology). Before introducing Bangladesh Shishu Academy Award in 1396 BS, this was the major national award for children's literature.
- "Meena day calls for birth registration for all girls and boys". UNICEF. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- "Bangladesh Shishu Academy" (PDF). Minister for Women and Children Affairs, Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 2009-10-08.