|Founder||Quazi Azher Ali|
|Chancellor||President of Bangladesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Anwarul Haque Sharif|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission Bangladesh|
Bangladesh University (BU) (Bengali: বাংলাদেশ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) is a Non-profit, sectarian, private university located near the Jatiyo Sangshad Bhaban in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The university was established in 2001 under the Private University Act 1992. The university was established in 2001 by Quazi Azher Ali. He served as the founder president and first vice chancellor of the university during 2001-2009.
Faculties and departments
Bangladesh University has the following faculties and departments:
- Faculty of Business (SB)
- Dept. of Accounting
- Dept. of Finance
- Dept. of General Management
- Dept. of Marketing
- Dept. of Management Information System
- Dept. of International Business
- Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science
- Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Dept. of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Faculty of Arts
- Dept. of English
- Dept. of Economics
- Dept. of Law
- Dept. of Sociology
- Faculty of Science
- Dept. of Architecture
- Dept. of Environmental Science
- Dept. of Pharmacy
- Dept. of Medical Lab Technology
- Dept. of Mathematics
The academic system of BU consists with three semesters:
- Spring semester
- Summer semester
- Fall semester
- "Anwarul new Bangladesh Univ VC". The Daily Star. 2017-03-06. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- "Information". Bangladesh University. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- "The Private University Act, 1992". sai.uni-heidelberg.de. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Information". www.bu.edu.bd. BANGLADESH UNIVERSITY. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- "Death anniversary of Quazi Azher Ali". The Daily Star. 2017-12-14. Retrieved 2018-01-06.