Socialist Party of Bangladesh
|Socialist Party of Bangladesh - SPB
বাংলাদেশের সমাজতান্ত্রিক দল-বাসদ
|General Secretary||Comrade Khalequzzaman|
|Founded||7 November 1980|
|Headquarters||23/2 Topkhana Road (2nd floor), Dhaka, Bangladesh 1000|
|Political position||Communist, Left-wing|
|International affiliation||International Anti-imperialst Coordinating Committee (IACC)|
|Politics of Bangladesh
The Socialist Party of Bangladesh (SPB) (Bengali: বাংলাদেশের সমাজতান্ত্রিক দল — বাসদ) is a proletarian revolutionary party in Bangladesh based on an ever-developing understanding of Marxism-Leninism. It is one of the largest communist parties in the country. The party was founded by Khalequzzaman on 7 November 1980.
SPB follows a Marxist-Leninist ideological line. The party claims to uphold the original intent of Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Zedong. SPB holds that Bangladesh is a capitalist country. In line with that analysis, the party works toward a socialist revolution in the country.
Khalequzzaman is the General Secretary of Central Committee of SPB. Bozlur Rashid Firoz, Jahedul Haq Milu, Razekuzzaman Ratan are the members of Central Committee of SPB .
The official organ Monthly Vanguard (Bengali : ভ্যানগার্ড) is published in Bengali by the SPB Central Committee. Razekuzzaman Ratan is the editor and Jahedul Haq Milu is the publisher of Monthly Vanguard.
Mass organizations of SPB
SPB has political wings to work on different classes of people. Some of the child organizations are:
- Socialist Students' Front (SSF)
- Socialist Farmers' and Land Labours' Front (SFLLF)
- Socialist Labours' Front (SLF)
- Garment's Labours' Front (GLF)
- Re-rolling Steel Mill's Labours' Front (RRSMLF)
- Socialist Women's Forum (SWF)
- Progressive Teachers' Forum (PTF)
- Progressive Lawyers' Forum (SLF)
- Progressive Doctors' Forum (PDF)
- Progressive Engineers' and Architects' Forum (PEAF)
- Shishu Kishor Mela (SKMela)
- Biggan Andolon Moncho (BAM) - Platform of Science Movement (PSM)
- Charon Cultural Center (CCC)
|This article about a Bangladeshi organisation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|