The Bango Payment Platform
|Type of business||Public|
|Traded as||LSE: BGO|
|Founded||October 14, 1999|
|Founder(s)||Ray Anderson, Anil Malhotra|
Bango is a mobile commerce company focussed on enabling mobile app developers and app stores app stores to generate more business for their customers. Bango provides Direct Carrier Billing to enable app store customers to click and buy apps or in-app content, placing the charge directly onto their mobile phone bill. Bango also provides a way for app developers to target their marketing towards users that have a track record of paying for services. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange (ticker symbol BGO.L).
Bango app store partners include Google for Google Play, Amazon for Amazon Appstore, Samsung for GALAXY Apps, BlackBerry for BlackBerry World and BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), Mozilla for Firefox Marketplace and Microsoft for Windows 10 and Windows Phone Store.
Bango has direct billing relationships with hundreds of mobile operators worldwide. According to Progressive Equity Research, "Bango dominates the third party carrier billing marketplace with over 40% of the total app store direct carrier billing connections"
In November 2015, it announced its $17 million raised in funding, valuing the company now at $91 million. In January 2018, Bango plc partnered with Netflix to launch carrier billing for Netflix subscriptions in Mexico. Bango and 9mobile became partners to launch operator-billed payments for Google Play users. In January 2018, Bango plc launched carrier billing for Netflix subscriptions.
- Google Play Gets Carrier Billing Thanks To New Arrangement With Facebook Billing Partner Bango; TechCrunch
- Google Play launches first carrier billing in Africa as Telkom SA deploys Bango Payment Platform
- Amazon Has Turned On Carrier Billing For Apps, In Germany With Bango And O2; TechCrunch
- Bango Inks Global Samsung Deal To Power Carrier Billing In Galaxy Apps Store; TechCrunch
- Bango Terms and Conditions of Sale for BlackBerry WorldTM; BlackBerry
- Mozilla’s Firefox Phones Get Operator Billing Through Bango; TechCrunch
- Microsoft Turns On Its First Carrier-Billing Deal For The Windows Phone Store With Bango, In Indonesia; TechCrunch
- The Mobile App Store Payments Marketplace: Direct Carrier Billing; Progressive Equity Research
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Bango Raises Another $17M To Expand Its Carrier Billing With App Store Partners". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Bango partners with Netflix in Mexico". Proactiveinvestors UK. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "You are being redirected..." independent.ng. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Bango launches carrier billing for Netflix in Mexico". Proactiveinvestors UK. Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- Facebook Mobile Payments Via Carrier Billing (And Bango) Live In U.S., UK And Germany | TechCrunch