Bani Yas (from Arabic: بَنُو ياس) is a tribal confederation of uncertain origin (mostly attributed its lineage either to the Omani Yas ibn Sasa' or Najdi origin) in the United Arab Emirates. It had a coalition with many other tribes in the region. The tribal coalition which consists of tribes from Dubai to Khawr al Udayd southeast of Qatar, was called the Bani Yas Coalition. The tribe has been led by their rulers, the Al Nahyan, who had their headquarters in Al Dhafra and now in Abu Dhabi (city). The ruling family of the United Arab Emirates and Abu Dhabi, Al Nahyan, which is a branch of Al-Falahi, belongs to and rules this tribe, as do the emirs of Dubai, Al Maktoum, which is a branch of Al-Falasi.
Bani Yas consists of several branches, which are:
- Al Falahi (Āl Falāḥī آل بو فَلاح) (Aal Bu Falah), Al Nahyan (part of Al Falahi), settled on Abu Dhabi Island in 1793 after discovery of fresh water
- Al Falasi (Āl Falāsī آل بو فَلاسة) (Aal Bu Falasah), Al Maktoum (part of Al Falasi)
- Al Muhairi/Al Mheiri (Al Bu Muhair آل بو مهير)
- Al Suwaidi (al-Suwaydī السودان) (Al Sudaan)
- Al Mazroui (al-Mazārīʿ المزاريع) (Al Mazaree'a)
- Al Hameli (al-Hamilī الهوامل) (Al Hawamel)
- Al Hemeiri (al-Hamīri الحوامر)
- Al Sabousi (Al Sebayis) (Sub-section of Al Bu Muhair)
- Al Mashghouni (Al Mishaghin المشاغين) (Sub-section of Al Bu Muhair) 
- Al Romaithi (al-Rumaythī الرميثات) (Al Remethat)
- Al Marar (al-Marar المرر)
- Al Mansoori (al-Manāṣir المناصير) (Al Manaseer)
- Al Mehairbi (al-Muḥaribī المحاربة) (AL Miharbah)
- Al Qubaisi (al-Qubaysī القبيسات) (Al Qubaisat)
- Al Otaiba (al-ʿOteyba ﺍﻟﻌﻄﻴﺒﻲ) (Al Otaibat)
- Al Qamzi (al-Qumzī القمزان) (Al Qamzan)
- Al Buamim, Al Ameemi (al-Amemmī آل بو ﺍﻣﻴﻢ) (Sub-section of Al Buamim)
- Al Hamid (Al Humaidan) (Sub-section of Al Qubaisat)
- Christopher Davidson's Abu Dhabi Oil and Beyond page 5
- Frauke, Heard-Bey. "The Tribal Society of the UAE" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 April 2011. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- ZAYED. "The Millennial Legend \ THE BANI YAS ALLIANCE". Archived from the original on 2011-12-28. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "History". Lonely Planet. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "History of Dubai". DubaiGuru.org. Archived from the original on 18 August 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "History of Dubai". www.dubaionweb.com. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- Motohiro, Ono (March 2011). "Reconsideration of the Meanings of the Tribal Ties in the United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi Emirate in Early ʼ90s" (PDF). Kyoto Bulletin of Islamic Area Studies. 4–1 (2): 25–34. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-04-29. Retrieved 2009-05-30.
- قبيلة بنو ياس - صاحب السمو الشيخ محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم, sheikhmohammed.ae/ar-ae/BaniYasTribe.
|This Middle East–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Arab Emirates-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|