Early life and career
Banita Sandhu was brought up in Caerleon, South Wales. At the age of 18, she moved to London to study English Literature at Kings College. While she was still in her first year of college, she was offered a TV commercial campaign by Vodafone India. Her advertisements were broadcast in India, including on the Indian Premier League broadcasts. She was spotted by the acclaimed Bollywood director Shoojit Sircar for the movie October (2018), which was her first breakthrough in Bollywood.
- Banita Sandhu: Lesser known facts about the debutante, Times of India (suggesting she is less than 20 years of age as of early 2018)
- Vashist, Neha (2018-10-04). "Jind Mahi: Interesting pictures of the Diljit Dosanjh's on-screen bae Banita Sandhu you wouldn't want to miss". ETIMES. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- Kukreja, Monika Rawal (Jun 26, 2018). "October actor Banita Sandhu reveals that she signed her first agent when she was 11". HT Media Limited. Hindustan Times. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- Waheed, Alia (30 Mar 2018). "Banita Sandhu – the London undergrad moonlighting as a Bollywood star". Guardian News and Media Limited. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- (7 December 2018). October girl Banita Sandhu wants to work with Ishaan Khatter, Tara Sutaria, Times Now