Banjo Billy's Bus Tours
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 2005, John Georgis, a Colorado native, quit his sales job with a Fortune 500 company to launch a tour company in Boulder. Georgis purchased a school bus on eBay, refurbished the exterior with wood planks and the interior with couches, recliners and saddles, and started giving tours as Banjo Billy’s Bus Tours. In 2007, Banjo Billy’s Bus Tours expanded to Denver.
The tour buses, nicknamed “traveling hillbilly shacks", operate year-round. The 90-minute guided history tours mix history, crime stories and comedy, with stops at points of interest in downtown Denver and Boulder. Throughout October, Banjo Billy’s Bus Tours runs 90-minute guided ghost tours in Denver and Boulder. The three-hour brewery tours in Denver operate weekly, with additional tours during the Great American Beer Festival, and include stops at four breweries. Private tours are also offered. History tours and ghost tours depart in Denver from the Colorado Convention Center and in Boulder from the Hotel Boulderado. Denver brewery tours depart from Wynkoop Brewing Company.
- "On the Bus: Taking a Spin on Banjo Billy's Hillbilly Contraption", Boulder Daily Camera, November 5, 2005. Retrieved March 20, 2014
- McGuire, Heidi, http://archive.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=80078 "Haunted Bus Tours Ride Through Boulder", 9News, October 31, 2007. Retrieved March 20, 2014
- Prokesch, Peter, "Hop On: Banjo Billy's Beer Tours" 5280 Magazine, June 22, 2012. Retrieved March 20, 2014
- Centers, Jessica, http://archive.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=80078 "Jock Stories", Westword, May 25, 2006. Retrieved March 20, 2014
- http://www.5280.com/top-of-the-town/banjo-billy%E2%80%99s-bus-tours "Top of the Town Editor's Choice 2012: Banjo Billy's Bus Tours", 5280 Magazine, July 2012. Retrieved March 20, 2014
- Hood, Grace, http://www.npr.org/2013/07/10/192806151/banjo-billys-bus-tour-history-mystery-and-bad-jokes "Banjo Billy's Bus Tour: History, Mystery and Bad Jokes", NPR, July 10, 2013. Retrieved March 20, 2014
- Porter, William, "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-03-21. Retrieved 2014-03-21. "A Guide to Offbeat Ways to Tour Colorado", Denver Post, July 31, 2012. Retrieved March 20, 2014
- http://denvercolorado.org/travel/travel-and-leisure/banjo-billy-bus-tours/ "Banjo Billy's Bus Tours", DenverColorado.org, May 15, 2011. Retrieved March 20, 2014