From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A banjo dulcimer is an Appalachian dulcimer modified by adding a vibrating membrane to the body of the instrument. This changes the tone and volume of the instrument, operating on the same principle as the banjo.
Makers of banjo dulcimers
- McSpadden Dulcimers began producing banjo dulcimers in the early 2000s.
- Doug Thomson produces a banjo dulcimer called "Banjo-Mer"
- Mike Clemmer produces a banjo dulcimer called "ban-jammer"
- Dennis DenHartog (folknotes.com) has been building a solid frame banjo dulcimer called the "Banj-Mo" since spring, 2001.
- Alvey, R. Gerald. Dulcimer Maker: the craft of Homer Ledford. University Press of Kentucky, 2003. ISBN 978-0-8131-9051-8