|Full name||University of Miami BankUnited Center|
|Former names||University of Miami Convocation Center (2003–2005)|
|Location||1245 Dauer Drive
Coral Gables, Florida 33146
|Owner||University of Miami|
|Broke ground||April 4, 2001|
|Opened||January 4, 2003|
|Construction cost||$48 million
($55.3 million in 2015 dollars)
|General contractor||Turner Construction|
|Miami Inferno (UIFL) (2014)
Miami Hurricanes (NCAA) (2003–present)
Lo Nuestro (2009)
South Florida Sting (UIFL) (2013)
The BankUnited Center, officially the University of Miami BankUnited Center, originally named the University of Miami Convocation Center, is a 7,972-seat multi-purpose arena on the campus of the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. The venue hosts concerts, family shows, trade shows, lecture series, university events and sporting events, including all University of Miami men's and women's basketball games. Owned by the university, it is managed by Global Spectrum, a subsidiary of Philadelphia-based Comcast Spectacor.
The arena opened in 2003 as the University of Miami Convocation Center, and is home to the Miami Hurricanes Men's and Women's basketball teams. Events held in the BankUnited Center include concerts, sporting events, lectures, award shows, high school graduations, and Men's and Women's basketball games. It is the largest arena ever built on campus.
Prior to the opening of the BankUnited Center (informally known as the BUC), the school played its games at the Miami Arena since its opening in 1988.
The 2007 issue of Venues Today, one of the entertainment industry's leading publications, reports that the BankUnited Center outperformed all but one other venue in Florida in its size category for number of concerts and touring events held in 2006.
- Kaufman, Michelle (January 23, 2013). "Durham’s Julian Gamble to star for Miami Hurricanes against No. 1 Duke". The Miami Herald. Archived from the original on January 27, 2013. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- Palm Beach Post Wire Services (April 5, 2001). "Finally! Work to Start on UM Basketball Arena". The Palm Beach Post. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- "What's on Deck?". SportsBusiness Journal. July 30, 2001. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- Palmer, Heidi M. (April 4, 2007). "University of Miami's BankUnited Center Ranks Second Among Florida Venues By National Magazine". University of Miami News. Archived from the original on May 23, 2011. Retrieved January 31, 2009.