|Founded||Beirut, Lebanon (1830 )|
|Headquarters||Audi Plaza, Beirut, Lebanon|
Number of employees
Bank Audi S.A.L. is Lebanon's largest bank in terms of both customer deposits and total assets. Bank Audi currently operates 86 branches in Lebanon and a network of 474 ATMs. Its roots date back to 1830, when Hanna Audi inherited his father's exchange business. Bank Audi SAL was granted the "Best Bank in Lebanon" award at the 2015 Euromoney Awards for Excellence Middle East ceremony.
In 2016, Bank Audi ranked on the Forbes Magazine Global 2000 list of largest public companies in the world. Largest shareholder of the company is the Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, acting as trustee for the holders of GDRs issued by the bank.
Corporate Art Collection
Bank Audi was the first Lebanese bank to create a comprehensive corporate art collection, located in three of the bank’s buildings. The villa, or historical headquarters situated steps from the Rue Sursock shelters mosaics and other pieces from Antiquity. The new headquarters, designed by Kevin Dash in Beirut Central District houses modern and contemporary art from Europe (Raoul Dufy, Édouard Vuillard, Bernard Buffet, Jacques Villon, Paul Delvaux and Tour Dentelièrea large sculpture by Jean Dubuffet in the atrium) and Lebanon (Shafic Abboud, Hanibal Srouji, Lamia Joreige, Chaouki Chamoun, Jean-Marc Nahas, Paul Wakim, Mohammad Rawas, Hussein Madi). The Geneva headquarters has an ensemble of Old Master Paintings (Lucas Cranach the Elder, Pieter Brueghel the Younger, Abel Grimmer, Frans Snyders, Jan van Goyen, Jacob van Ruisdael).
As at end-March 2018, Bank Audi sal and its consolidated subsidiaries had 6,430 employees, including 3,353 persons employed in Lebanon and 1,149 persons employed at Odeabank in Turkey. Bank Audi ranked first among Lebanese banking groups in terms of total assets (LL 65,550 billion), shareholders’ equity (LL 6,444 billion), customers’ deposits (LL 48,542 billion) and loans and advances (LL 23,476 billion).
- Tom Perry, Reuters (January 30, 2009). "Lebanon Bank Audi says '08 profit soars, sees growth" (Retrieved October 5, 2009).
- Oxford Business Group. Emerging Lebanon 2006, p. 75. ISBN 978-1-902339-46-7
- Harry Bellet, Elodie Jauneau and Emilie Guyonnet (13.09.01). "Une fondation cachée et une closerie pour accéder au monde secret du peintre". Le Monde. Retrieved 6 February 2012. Check date values in:
- "The Dubuffet". Blogging Beirut. April 27, 2009. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Biography". Jean-Marc Nahas. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Paul Wakim Exhibition". Bank Audi. May 3, 2010. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Lucas Cranach" (PDF). Bank Audi Suisse. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- Salame Sarkis, Hassan; Buchakjian, Gregory (2008). Audi, Raymond, ed. Pièces Choisies. Collection Bank Audi (Bank Audi ed.).
- "Corporate Profile". Bank Audi. March 31, 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2018.