This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||IDX: BDMN|
|Founded||July 16, 1956|
|Sng Seow Wah, President Director|
|Revenue||Rp 13.79 trillion (2016)|
|Rp 2.793 trillion (2016)|
|Total assets||Rp 174.087 trillion (2016)|
|Parent||Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group|
PT Bank Danamon Indonesia Tbk. is an Indonesian bank established in 1956. It is the sixth largest bank of Indonesia by asset size.
Bank Danamon was established on 16 July 1956 as PT Bank Kopra Indonesia. In 1976, the bank's name was changed to PT Bank Danamon Indonesia. It began focusing on foreign exchange transactions in 1976 and listed its shares on the Jakarta Stock Exchange in 1989.
Suffering liquidity problems amid the Asian financial crisis, Danamon was in 1997 placed by the government under the supervision of the Indonesian Bank Restructuring Agency (IBRA). In 1999, the government through IBRA, recapitalized Danamon with Rp 32 billion in Government Bonds. In the same year, some banks taken over by the government merged with Bank Danamon as one part of IBRA's restructuring plan.
In 2000, Bank Danamon merged with another eight banks taken over by the government, further increasing Danamon's size.
Over the next three years, Danamon underwent a massive restructuring, which covered management, human resources, organization, information systems, statutes and company logos. These changes sought to boost the bank's growth, transparency and professionalism.
In 2003, a consortium of Asia Finance Indonesia, under the control of Singapore's Temasek Holdings, bought a majority stake in Danamon. The new management sought to further improve Danamon's performance and position.
In 2008, Danamon adopted the slogan "Untuk Anda, Bisa" ("For You, Can").
In December 2017, Japan's Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) bought a 19.9% stake in Danamon from Temasek Holdings for Rp 15.875 trillion ($1.17 billion). The price indicated Danamon was valued at about $6 billion. In July 2018, Indonesia's Financial Services Authority (OJK) approved MUFG’s plan to purchase a further 20.1% stake from Asia Financial.
- 1980-1997: Mitra Perbankan Terpercaya
- 1997-1999: Untuk Anda
- 1999-2002: Tumbuh Bersama Kepercayaan Anda
- 2002-2008: Percaya pada Keyakinan Anda
- 2008-2017: Untuk Anda, Bisa
- 2017 : Saatnya Pegang Kendali
- PT Adira Dinamika Multi Finance Tbk (Adira Finance)
- PT Asuransi Adira Dinamika (Adira Insurance)
- PT Adira Quantum Multifinance (Adira Kredit)
- Tambah Kepemilikan di BDMN dan BBNP, MUFG Transaksi Saham Rp49,6 Triliun
- "Indonesia-Investments.com:Bank Danamon company profile". April 1, 2014.
- Silviana, Cindy (31 July 2018). "Indonesia approves MUFG's stake increase in Bank Danamon to 40 percent". Reuters. Reuters. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- Official website
- Profil Wirausaha Sukses
- Wirausaha Sukses
- Wirausaha Sosial
- Tokoh Inspirasi Indonesia
|This Indonesia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|