Bank One Mauritius
|Industry||Finance and Insurance|
|Headquarters||16 Sir William Newton Street
Port Louis, Mauritius
Chief Executive Officer
|Revenue||MUR 721.4 Million (US$22.78 Million)(2014)|
|MUR 117.1 Million (US$3.70 Million) (2014)|
|Total assets||MUR 18.05 Billion (US$570.22 Million) (2014)|
Number of employees
BOM is a large financial services provider in Mauritius. As of December 2012[update], the bank had total assets valued at approximately US$630.2 million, with shareholders' equity of approximately US$36.84 million.
Bank One Mauritius was formed in 1997, as First City Bank Limited (FCB), when it acquired the assets of Delphis Bank Limited, a ten-year-old financial institution that was in receivership in 2012. In 2008, I&M Bank Group, a Kenya-based financial conglomerate, acquired a 50 percent ownership in First City Bank Limited. FCB then re-branded as Bank One Mauritius.
The stock of the bank is privately owned. The table below depicts the ownership in Bank One Mauritius:
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||I&M Bank Group of Kenya||50.00|
|2||CIEL Investments Limited of Mauritius||50.00|
I&M Bank Group
By virtue of its shareholding, BOM is a member of I&M Bank Group, a large financial services conglomerate which is a major player in the financial services industry in Eastern Africa, particularly in Kenya where the group maintains its headquarters. As of December 2011[update], the Group's total assets were valued at about US$1.3 billion (KES:108+ billion), with shareholder's equity of approximately US$174 million (KES:14.6 billion). Member companies of the group include the following businesses:
- I&M Bank Limited - Nairobi, Kenya: The flagship company of the Group.
- Bank One Mauritius - Port Louis, Mauritius:The Group owns 50% of Bank One Mauritius. The other 50% is owned by CIEL Investments Limited.
- I&M Bank (Tanzania) - Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania: I&M Bank Group Acquired 55% shareholding in 2010.
- I&M Bank (Rwanda) - Kigali, Rwanda: In July 2012, I&M Bank Group took a controlling interest in Banque Commerciale du Rwanda (BCR), the second-largest commercial bank in the country at the time, from Actis Capital for an undisclosed sum of money. The bank rebranded to its current name in August 2013.
- GA Insurance - Nairobi, Kenya: Incorporated as General Accident Insurance of Kenya in 1979, the company was acquired by the I&M Bank Group in 2005.
- The Tamarind Group - Nairobi, Kenya: A chain of about twelve (12) upscale restaurants and leisure establishments in and around the cities of Nairobi and Mombasa in Kenya.
- I&M Capital – Nairobi, Kenya: A fund management company licensed by the Capital Markets Authority.
- Burbidge Capital Limited - An investment advisory company with offices in Kenya, Uganda and the United Kingdom.
- Giro Commercial Bank - A commercial bank in Kenya, with total banking assets of approximately US$160 million (KSh16.2 billion), acquired in September 2015. Once regulatory approval is given, the bank will be merged with I&M Bank Limited.
BOM maintains networked branches at the following locations:
- Main Branch - 16 Sir William Newton Street, Port Louis
- Curepipe Branch - Royal Road, Curepipe
- Rose Hill Branch - Royal Road, Rose Hill
- Rose Belle Branch - Royal Road, Rose Belle
- Vacoas Branch - John Kennedy Avenue, Vacoas
- Quatre Bornes Branch - St Jean Road, A8, Quatre Bornes, Quatre Bornes
- L'Escalier Branch - Royal Road, L'escalier
- Triolet Branch - Royal Road, Triolet
- Mahebourg Branch - Royal Road, Mahebourg
- Flacq Branch - Charles de Gaule Street, Flacq
- Chemin Grenier Branch - Royal Road, Chemin Grenier
- Rivière du Rempart Branch - Royal Road, Rivière-du-Rempart
- Goodlands Branch - Royal Road, Goodlands
- Cascavelle Branch - Cascavelle Shopping Village, Cascavelle
- Grand Baie Branch - Grand Baie La Croisette Shopping Mall, Grand Baie
- List of banks in Mauritius
- List of banks in Africa
- Bank of Mauritius
- Economy of Mauritius
- I&M Bank Group
- Board of Directors of Bank One Mauritius
- List of Licensed Commercial Banks In Mauritius
- December 2012 Financial Highlights
- "Bank One Mauritius 2014 Annual Report" (PDF). Bank One Mauritius. 2014-12-31. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- History of Bank One Mauritius
- December 2011 Audited Group Financial Statement
- Member Companies of the I&M Bank Group
- BCR Rebrands To I&M Bank Rwanda
- IRUNGU, GEOFFREY (July 2, 2015). "I&M Capital licensed to run funds". Business Daily Africa. Nation Media Group. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Business Daily Reporter (16 October 2015). "I&M to acquire 65 percent of Burbidge Capital". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Mwaniki, Charles (7 September 2015). "I&M Holdings in deal to acquire Giro Bank". Business Daily Africa. nairobi. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Branches of Bank One Mauritius